Intestinal sensitivity.

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Schaye G.
New User

Intestinal sensitivity.

Postby Schaye G. » Thu May 24, 2007 5:09 am

Hello, almost two years since C. Diff., and since then sometimes(about 80% of the time) I still have a feeling of intestinal sensitivity, and then change to a feeling of nausea, the back to the first one and after a while, it is gone.This feeling is like uncontrolled movements of the intestines and/or colon but no spasms, but make me feel like ansious and nervous. Have any body feel that too? What could be the cause of that and what can be done to stop it?

Also, are the small intestines(not the colon), affected during and after a C. Diff. desease and treatment?

Thanks, and soon recovery for all dealing with this desease.
Schaye Goldcwaig

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

I have........

Postby TheVike » Thu May 24, 2007 8:29 am

been feeling exactly like this since diagnosed back on Apr 2nd yet I think I actually acquired CDiff on the 27th of MArch after surgery other than a ten day dose of Flagyl I have slowly and am slowly very very slowly returning back to normal (I THINK)...same here! Bowels and stomach def not been the same I justs topped the Big D a couple three weeks ago!

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:31 pm

Same here, the spasms travel from my abdominal area into my back...very uncomfortable and totally non-predictable. I am currently using 0.125 mg of Hyoscamine ( Neluv ) under the tongue 1-2 per hour to take the edge off, doesn't make them totally disapear but every little bit helps. I've been dealing with the spasms for well over a year and they are now just starting to taper off. For no reason some days are better than others...I believe that stress is a major trigger for them

whitepine
Regular Contributor

spasm

Postby whitepine » Sun May 27, 2007 8:57 pm

When you are describing spasms, do you mean you physically feel a spasm, and you can see it like a muscle twitching? I have esophagus spasm, and it feels like heart palpitations. My GI is in knots an I am told this is spasms of the intestine but its microscopic?

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:22 pm

They are fine muscsle spasms, sometimes you can see them, most of the time they are internal..they start in the mid-abdominal area and mostly stay there and travel into my mid back. You know how your stomach feels when you get suddenly scared...thats them, they just hang around and disapear when they want to. Currently Hyoscyamine under the tongue takes the edge off. I'd love to get rid of them all together. They seem to be getting better with time

supersmurf
Contributor

Postby supersmurf » Mon May 28, 2007 10:15 pm

I too have similar symptoms and am just shy of 11 months being c-diff free.
for me diet seems to be and have been my main source of irritation - perhaps if you try taking some things out of your diet for a few weeks at a time and see if you help. My main food sensitivity (besides the common sugar and oily fats) is wheat gluten.
yes this is a pain, but it is sure a lot better than c-diff. I also take the Hyoscyamine sometimes but also find that DGL -deglycyrrhizinated licorice helps too.
Good luck and I hope you and everyone else feels better soon.
Sharon

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”