Natural Treatments?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Natural Treatments?

Postby TheVike » Tue May 22, 2007 7:55 am

Has anyone ever heard of CLonix and TOxinout? Please help me withmy cd :(((

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 22, 2007 10:26 am

The Vike,
No, have never heard of either of these products. See [i]Treatments [/i]for a list of standard & naturopathic treatments.

I am sure you are frantic. We all are with C. diff. You will get better - but it might take a lot of time & patience. Hope you are seeing a GI.

Can understand why you are concerned about going out of the country. One caveat: I would use only bottled water "over there." I traveled when I had both active & inactive C. diff. ---difficult but "do-able."

Be sure & read Dr. Borody's & Dr. McDonald's articles & the topics in [i]FAQ [/i]that might be helpful to you -- esp. [i]Hygiene, Testing, Nutrition.[/i]

Good luck. Keep us posted.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

here is the link...

Postby TheVike » Tue May 22, 2007 10:32 am

with over 500 testimonials!!! I have read them allllllllll... I bought but just came from DOc. He advises no!??? Maybe later once completele well. Gave me a THREE day anyibiotic for our travel to mid east for "traveler's diarrhea" Cipro good or bad???...What do you think Scared and anxious to death regardless gotta go take a Zanax:((((((((
here is the link http://www.drnatura.com/?ovchn=GGL&ovcp ... ZQodln4Mhw
any opinions???
It is DrNatura.com or google colon cleansing
P.S. Had a scheduled conoloscopy cancelled didn t think I need or obviously wanted it after a CT scan of abs with contrast. So no GI yet or ID...PCP told me that fisrt foremeost they ARE going to want to do a scope period!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 22, 2007 10:36 am

TheVike,
I would be leary of taking Cipro. See[i] FAQ-Antibiotics.[/i]
In my non-medical opinion, I would see either a GI or an ID. A colonscopy would give a lot of info. Be sure you are off Vanco. for Flagyl for 10 to 14 (14 best) before any testing.

I would be leary of "cleansing cleaning" unless it is under a doctor's care.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

I see...

Postby TheVike » Tue May 22, 2007 10:49 am

I have only had ONE treatment of Flagyl! For ten days thee + days first when I was hospitlized (4-2 to 4-5) make any sense?

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:44 pm

I got cdiff after taking 1 Cipro plus 4 levaquin pills, so I echo Bobbie's caution about taking Cipro. Most folks (about 80%) are cured of cdiff after 1-2 rounds of Flagyl or vanco, so I hope you are one of the lucky majority.

I had to travel a lot with cdiff. I had it for 8 months. I have grandsons in Mexico whom I visited. My dad and sister died in West Virginia during that time, and I went there 6 times. Again, Bobbie is right about drinking bottled water. I even drink it in the US when I am away from home. Get an aisle seat on the plane in case of bathroom runs. Use Purell or alcohol wipes on your hands and on the tray table before you eat anything. Move away (if you can) from anyone coughing or sneezing on the plane. Good luck.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Why...

Postby TheVike » Tue May 22, 2007 1:10 pm

in the heck did the doctor rescribe it for .... he said "traveler's diarhhea"!? Also, I do in fact hope iam a luckyone? Yet 40lbs light and an ENTIRE healthychange in eating habits YET obsessive anxiety and nasueation continues to persist!???? On a good day I stil feeeeeeel only 80% barely able to get up, start and compete work most of the time? What about DrNatura.com huh?

Connie
Regular Contributor

Postby Connie » Thu May 24, 2007 11:11 am

Cipro would be to combat bugs OTHER THAN c. diff. Your posts are very hard to read. Do you have a confirmed c. diff diagnosis? That typically requires 10-14 days of treatment with Flagyl or Vancomycin.

I have never heard of the products you mention; I think they are most likely a money-making scam. I looked online: Colonix looks like nothing more than a fiber supplement--you could get something similar (like Metamucil) for a fraction of the cost. The Toxinout sounds like total BS--and REALLY expensive.

After reading more of your posts, I would let them do the scope and figure out what's really going on.
Thomas's Mom

Connie
Regular Contributor

Re: Why...

Postby Connie » Thu May 24, 2007 11:30 am

TheVike wrote: What about DrNatura.com huh?

Most doctors would tell you that the idea of "colon cleansing" in general is bunk. Your colon does not need to be "cleansed", and doing so can actually be detrimental. There are a million and one "miracle cures" on the internet. Be very cautious about investing in any of them. "Testimonials " can come from anywhere and mean absolutely nothing.
Thomas's Mom

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

YES!`

Postby TheVike » Thu May 24, 2007 1:37 pm

I wasa diagnosd with c diff on 4-3 one day into a hosp stay that began the day earlier and after three stool samples. As I said before i took flagyl three days by IV and then 7 more orally when released from ths hosp. I started to have symptoms and the big D after a surgery I had on 3-27. Four diff anitbiotics to treat sinusitis slight pneumonia and then the IV one during surgery. I had extreme D from 3-27 to about the first wek in May...felt like i was gonna die literally during this time with fatigue foogggy head weakness BUT no stomach cramps pain until it finally subsided (the D) around the second week in may. I have bee on the brat diet for most of the time when I DO have an appetite I eat rather small portions but I have done the works pizza BBQ pork steak etc Burgers very rarely and it actualy makes my stomach feel somewhat better!!!???? The Zanx has been my saaving grace in keeping me partially sane and anxiety free. With 40lbs of weight loss and doing nuttin much but sleep i believe the sleep and rest has helped my body to recover on its own!? My sinuses have been finally draining and clearing on their own over the last three weeks etc...

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”