Diff is back again:(

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:58 am

I would highly doubt one dose of Flagyl would make a difference if it was C-diff. It usually takes multiple doses to stop a relapse. Look up FAQ's about IBS. It is hard to tell the difference sometimes between that and C-diff as the symptoms are very similar. It would also be highly unlikely for C-diff to recur after so long unless you were infected by a different strain or have had to take an antibiotic. A stool test would be a good start but I would not do so if you take more than the one dose of Flagyl as it may mask a positive test result. Regardless, I would definitely follow up and consult with your GI Dr. to get their advice as I am not a Dr., just a fellow c-diff sufferer.

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Well today I have felt normal, havent gone to the bathroom today, IM gonna checkout that IBS faq. Thanks for mentioning that christina!
I dont trust my current GI doc so I will have my other doc get me another.
Thanks again for your help and suggestions!

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:19 pm

Well looks like I just had a bout of IBS, I have been normal for the past 2 weeks.
I found out Milk and red meat don't agree with me right now.
I truly feel for folks on here that still have it. Keep up the fight just when it looks as if your doomed, you get better!

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Still doing good, but I cant drink any milk now, I use to drink a gallon a week.
I'M lactose intolerant now I guess. Keep up the good fight folks! You can beat it!
The key word is time.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:06 pm

boxer,
Some do become milk intolerant after a bout with C. diff. I was for years. Yogurt is usually an exception. Finally, after years, I am able to tolerate other dairy products such as cheeses -- esp. goat cheese.

Be sure & get your calcium in other ways. I thought I was getting enough through supplements but wasn't. (Also, "normal" calcium is better absorbed.) I developed osteoporosis after C. diff. There is a lot of osteo. in my family but I'm sure the C. diff. didn't help.

IBS is also a strange disease. I will be fine for weeks at a time & then have problems for days. I don't watch what I eat as carefully as I used to since it didn't seem to make much difference for me, but everyone is different. I just got back from Bath, England, & had IBS on the flights over & the flights back but was fine while we were there. Go figure!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”