Diff is back again:(

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
boxer77
Regular User

Diff is back again:(

Postby boxer77 » Mon May 14, 2007 10:29 pm

Well I got blood and mucus again, 5 days I finished, after 3 weeks of vanco.
So I have had 3 rounds of flagyl and 1 round of vanco. Its not a lot of blood, just a little mixed with mucus. Boy oh boy. I think I might die from this.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Tue May 15, 2007 7:00 am

There were days were I had wished C-diff would've taken me out. A couple of times when I was seriously relapsing I even prayed for it. We'll I'm still here after 12 relapses and it's not going to kill you either so try to hang in there. You're lucky you only have small amounts of blood. That was not my case as I had very large amounts. You'll be fine although I know all of this is not very fun. If you haven't tried a taper or pulse yet maybe you should check w/your Dr. also since you were on Vanco 3 weeks, now would be a perfect time for the Xifaxan Chaser ( 2 weeks of Xifaxan at 1,200mg/day). I ask your DR. and see what they suggest.

Wishing you well hopefully, soon.

Christina

cryingsilly
Contributor

Postby cryingsilly » Tue May 15, 2007 11:08 am

Im sorry boxer that its back. It is a nasty illness isnt it?

I am still struggling to get the first episode under control, let alone deal with a relapse.

Keep thinking positive. I start getting really depressed and find myself thinking "poor me" thoughts. It does me no good though : )

Just know that there are others here going through the same thing and feeling the same fears. One thing we can do is keep bombard eachother with positive thoughts and healthful vibes.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Darlene

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Tue May 15, 2007 12:46 pm

Thanks for all your encouragement. I got to the ID doc today, I guess he says hes goign to put me on poss. 3 diffrent meds. These guys are considered the bulldogs of disease lol. I will update after I have my visit.
Im going to ask him about help with the cost of vanco, I can get help if I drop my insurance, my insurance isnt doing squat for me right now.

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:10 pm

ID Doc wants me to get a colonoscopy just to make sure nothing elese is wrong. Since i have relapsed 4 times.
I know the FAQ here says to find another doc if they say your case is rare, but He said he has delt with cdiff 365 days a year and hasent seen someone like me.
Ill keep with him until I see that Im not getting the treatment I need.
He said if nothing comes up in the colonoscopy that we will continue on with other drugs.
So I have been preping since 5:00pm, and I have my colonoscopy tommorow morning.
Yee Haw....

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:09 am

Had the colonoscopy today everything checked out a OK!

cryingsilly
Contributor

Postby cryingsilly » Sun May 20, 2007 10:51 am

So glad everything checked out OK on the colonoscopy.

Would you mind telling me your experience with it? Were you sedated? Did you feel sick after, and was the prep hard on your colon?

Thanks so much.

Darlene

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Sun May 20, 2007 6:46 pm

After 10 scopes, I think that I can answer your questions..
1. you most definately want to be sedated, most Doc's will just put lightly under using Verset and I had no side effects...you just can't drive for a couple of hours. The other choice is very uncomfortable
2. The prep is bascially just some very productive visits to the bathroom, something we all are familar with.
3. I've had no problems after any of the proceedures, even when they took biopsies.
Being scoped is nothing to fear, painless and you can nap through it

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:50 pm

Prep is a pain, I took 32 tablets of Osmo Prep, its the worst part of it.

They gave me demerol and a drug that erases your short term memory.

I guess I woke up during it caus ehte doc said they had to give me 3 more dose's of demerol.
I remember it like it was a dream, no pain tho.
I wasent a bit nauseated after wards, just droggy and had minor cramping for 3 days, I was relapsing during this time, and now Im not, after my system was all cleared out that night I started taking some pro biotics. I have actualy felt normal for a change it is awsome! I think depending how eachones colon is your results will vary, but it pretty much is a cake walk except the prep.
With my prep stuff I went to the john about 20 times lol. I also recommend buying some baby type wipes while you pick up your prep. I picke dup some preperation H wipes 48 count for like $7. They were a bit nicer on the bum than just regular TP. Oh and they ask you to "toot" afterwards, and boy oh boy did I ever hehe.

cryingsilly
Contributor

Postby cryingsilly » Tue May 22, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks so much for the reply on the colonoscopy. I am so darn afraid of it and your posts made me feel a bit better.

I tend to react very badly to narcotic medication, so am hoping that the verset wont effect me that way.

I am not sure that I will have to have it, only if I relapse, but it scares me still : )

Thank you again and Boxer, I hope you are doing ok still!

Darlene

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:37 pm

Like Boxer I also woke up during the scope...There was no discomfort and my GI actually gave me a video tour of my colon and the issue he was watching. It was quite educational and I was glad I got the opportunity to see. It made things much easier to comprehend. If you're concerned about waking up, just discuss it with your GI before the proceedure. Just like Boxer said when they ask you to get rid of the gas get prepared, it's amazing the volume...toot, no...more like a fog horn !!!

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:42 pm

Well after relapsing only after a week after meds for 4 time ina row, after the colonoscopy I started on a pro biotic called ortho biotic, it is 20 billion per capsule.
I take 2 a day, and I havent relapsed, im getting back to normal also! Looks like the prep and the orthobiotics did the trick for me YAY!!!!

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:35 pm

Just wanted to drop in and say Im at week six after vanco stoped, and am feeling normal.
BM's are getting back to normal, and its awsome not to have that inflamation feeling anymore. I can finaly sleep at night!!!!
For all those still suffering with this sickness, hang in there. I had it for 4 months. You will get better!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:42 am

boxer77,
Congrats. In a couple of wks. when you are sure you are "well," pls. post in Success Stories as an inspiration to others. Also, pls. check in now & then to let us know how you are doing & to support others.

If antibiotics contributed to your C. diff., try to avoid them again if possible.

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:30 pm

Well I think its back again after 2 months.
I went to the bathroom 7 times 3 days ago, at the end of those rounds it was basically just mucus since I hadn't eating anything, I took one 500 mg flagyl and things tightened up, and I just went once yesterday and 2 times today.
The Infectious disease doc said I didnt have the symptoms of cdiff and he said to go back to a GI doc!!!! Give me a freakin break here....
I got a stool test again so Im gonna do that, do you think one flagyl would fix me up like it did that quick if it was diff? And also should I wait a bit to take the stool test? I took the flagyl on fri.
The colonoscopy revealed I was clean and had no problems, so that rules out chrons and ulcerative colitis.... Could it just be IBS my digital thermometer read a 98.5 f so I dont have a fever.
This is surely a crazy disease, oh and my lousy insurance said they are not going to cover any of my GI, Infectious disease, or my colonoscopy, Im pretty much ticked off. Thanks for hearing my rant. :>)

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”