Treatment the natural way?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Selky

Treatment the natural way?

Postby Selky » Fri May 11, 2007 8:23 pm

I'm seeing a new GP and a naturopth and a homeopath. I'm interested to know if anyone has beat this with only natural theropy? Very courious. Oh and PS is there anyone else i this group from australia?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Selky,
Welcome to the site. Read the first forum ALL USERS READ THIS FIRST & its subtopics. They will guide you in using the site & answer some of the most frequent questions. Read Dr. Borody’s & Dr. McDonald’s articles and the areas in FAQ that interest you – especially FAQ-Hygiene, Nutrition, & Testing.
Since antibiotics contributed to your C. diff., be careful about taking them again. (See FAQ-Antibiotics.)

I would not drink alcohol (or at least limit it severely) while you have C. diff. -- especially at the beginning.

I don't believe naturopatic medicine has "cured" many with C. diff., but some have helped re. diet, etc. Make sure the naturopath is certified -- check his/her credentials. See FAQ-Alternative Medicine.

You are fortunate to live in Australia. If you do not respond to treatment, (and I hope you are seeing a GI or an ID - infectious disease doc.) Dr. Tom Borody' (he is a C. diff. expert) has a clinic in Sydney.

Good luck.

Selky

Postby Selky » Sat May 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Thanks Bobbie,

Is Dr Brody the one who does the transplant thingy? Also you say watch taking antis anymore, but thats what they will want to put me on is'nt it?

Selky

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 13, 2007 2:24 am

Selky,
Yes, Dr. Borody does the infusions. Yes, Flagyl & Vancocin are antibiotics, but they treat C. diff. I meant other antibiotics.

If your symtoms persist, I'd see a GI.

Selky

Postby Selky » Sun May 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi Bobbie,

My syptoms have calmed down only really go 2-3 times a day and it's not D. Just loose -sorry for details, I'm new to this - and know other symptoms at all. Don't want to go back on vanco if I can help it. Do you think even if you have mild c-diff that it can clear up on it's own??? The thought of killing off good bacteria again now that I'v been off vanco for 6 weeks just doesn't seem smart to me.

Selky.

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Mon May 14, 2007 7:05 pm

I would suggest the infusion over everything else, including meds. It can be a very quick, and effective cure.

Selky

Postby Selky » Mon May 14, 2007 7:29 pm

Thanks whitepine, I got my results back from colonoscopy and stool culture yesterday and it says I'm all clear. The doc thinks I just need to give it time. It's been 45 days since being off vanco and I still go 2 times a day and more if I eat dairy and sugar and grog, they still really upset my tum. How long does it take for your gut to return to normal eating habits. I'm only taking 2x probiotic caps a day I wonder if I should be getting into the probiotics more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Selky

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”