vanco can cause c-diff to flare?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
cryingsilly
Contributor

vanco can cause c-diff to flare?

Postby cryingsilly » Mon May 07, 2007 9:14 am

I was just reading through some more of the posts and I read I think in Bobbies post that even vanco can cause the c-diff to flare?

I am so confused. Could someone please help me with this? My diarreaha has gotten worse when I started taking the vanco. Aaargh.

Can anyone give me any info on this?

Thanks so much

Darlene

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Mon May 07, 2007 10:24 am

Very rarely Vanco can cause C-diff but it is extremely rare. You may just need a dose adjustment. Consult w/you DR.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon May 07, 2007 12:54 pm

crying silly,
Don't believe I ever posted Vanco. can cause C. diff. Occasionally, Flagyl can. Some people, however, don't return to "normal" while on Vanco. because even it "kills" some of the good bacteria in the gut -- while also killing the C. diff.

Remember, we are not in the medical field & can just tell you about our own experiences. As Christina said, consult your GI re. medical questions as some people need a higher dosage of Vanco.

Pls. refer first topic in first forum (PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST) re. posting rules -- only one post a day about your own problems. You can ask as many questions in the post as you want. You can post numerous times to support others.

cryingsilly
Contributor

Sorry

Postby cryingsilly » Mon May 07, 2007 4:50 pm

so sorry about that. So darn sick Im not paying much attention : (

Thanks and again Im sorry.

Darlene

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 08, 2007 2:10 am

Darlene,
It's OK. I remember how awful I felt when I had C. diff. We need to limit posts because it's hard to keep the board covered. We have 5 mods. Several work & travel, & we all have our own problems.

Noticed you are feeling better. Good. It can take Vanco. awhile to "kick in" -- with me it was always 3 to 4 days.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”