Is C.Diff linked to Reoccurant Yeast Infections?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
rudy
Brand New Poster

Is C.Diff linked to Reoccurant Yeast Infections?

Postby rudy » Fri May 04, 2007 11:32 pm

I was diagnosed with C. Diff several months ago, took two weeks of pills and everything seemed better. My doctor didn't tell me it was possible to get it back.

I feel like my symptoms are returning.

I believe I had C. Diff prior to diagnosis for several years. I have had known digestive problems since I was a kid and now I'm 30.

I have also had a string of endless, hard to cure yeast infections, one right after another for at least 4 years. I am so stressed out and feel at the end of my rope over this.

I am almost OCD clean when I'm in the bathroom because of all of this, yet the yeast infections continue. Could they have anything to do with eachother? I have followed all the yeast infection preventative rules almost to a T.

None of my doctors seem to have answers, just more prescriptions and more antibiotics. I'm sick of pills and discomfort.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Sat May 05, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Rudy
I dont know if there is a link to cdiff and yeast infections. I am sorry I cant answer that, you might want to ask your Dr. This isnt a medical website everything on here is purley opinion and what has worked for us.

I am not a doctor but, if you are having reocurrent yeast infections now it is probably because you are taking antibiotics. We all on here know what it feels like to be at the end of your rope, if you feel like your Dr is not helping you find another one and if that one wont help keeping trying to find one that well.

Keep us posted we are all here for you =-)
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 05, 2007 1:02 pm

Rudy,
Yes, some people develop yeast infections from taking antibiotics. As Heather says, ask your doc. about causes & cures.

Check out FAQ-Anti-fungal Meds.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”