new doc...

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sconer66
Brand New Poster

new doc...

Postby sconer66 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:29 pm

my daughter has had c-diff on and off for over a year now. she has not had the expensive meds I cant afford that. now she has an eating disorder and the c-diff. the docs are concerned about the c-diff still going on. how long does it take to finally go away?

joy240
New User

Postby joy240 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi
I suppose that your daughter is on Flagyl??? It depends it may take a month or months even years sometimes. Even though the meds are expensive I would definitely look into them...try contacting the drug company directly...they all have programs now where you can get drugs for free if you qualify
Although depressing I would suggest that you keep yours and her spirits up...it will eventually go away
jo

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:02 pm

Sconer66,

Welcome to the site. Read the first forum ALL USERS READ THIS FIRST & its subtopics. They will guide you in using the site & answer some of the most frequent questions. Read Dr. Borody’s & Dr. McDonald’s articles and the areas in FAQ that interest you – especially FAQ-Hygiene, Nutrition, & Testing.

Check FAQ for the section call FAQ-Aid in Obtaining Meds. Some of the info. might be outdated, but it's worth giving it a try as most of the # are toll-free. The manufacturers of Vanco. (Viropharma) have a toll-free # & you might try it if your daughter is on Flagyl & it hasn't worked for her. If she is not seeing a GI, it would be a good idea to have her see one as they see more cases of recurrent/relapsing C. diff.

C. diff. does eventually resolve, but it can take a lot of time & patience. If antibiotics were a factor, I'd have her avoid them -- unless absolutely necessary.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”