Shaky today

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
pam2738
Regular Contributor

Shaky today

Postby pam2738 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:19 pm

I was doing so well, on my taper. Currently 2 days between my Vanco. But lately I've been getting panic attacks in the middle of the night & today has been shaky. Not as hungry as usual. BMs are ok, altho of course not normal. I just feel wobbly & kinda on the verge of something, if you know what I mean.

There's been some financial stress lately, altho not huge. And I am rescuirng a older deaf & blind kitty from a horrible gassing shelter in Alabama, & that may have something to do with it too. Don't know.

I have to go to work on the pc in about half an hour. I'm toying with the idea of taking tiny piece of xanax but afraid that will put me to sleep.

Anyone else get shaky days?

Pam

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:37 pm

Pam,
Yep, all the time --since l993 when I had C. diff. the first time.

I take Xanax -- but not during the day -- only at night to help me sleep. If you aren't driving, you might try it.

Panic attacks seem to be part of C. diff. If you've had extra stress lately (and haven't we all?), could be the reason. I had a UTI 2 wks. ago & just had a retest - final results in Monday. (Took Macrobid.) My mother is 90 & needs more attention. She lives in an assisted living, but I am there almost every day. Take her on errands, docs., etc. And then there are my sons. My oldest lives in the UK with only 2 grandchildren. If we don't haul our tired old bodies "over there," we don't get to see them. My younger son has multiple problems.

Exercise helps me more than anything -- but I've preached this before.

I think we all have the feeling we'd like to go to bed, pull the covers over our heads, & sleep until this is we feel better. ("Stop the world; I want to get off.") Best to keep going, however, if you can.

Maybe we should establish a "runaway" place for C. differs! And let's invite Robert Redford! (You can judge my age by this statement.) He still looks good to me!!! And Sean Connery!

AlexL
New User

Postby AlexL » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:39 pm

I just posted something about this in another part of the site. Not only is anxiety common with this but now I wonder how much post-traumatic stress is as well (that shaky feeling, though possible to feel from colonic inflammation can occur commonly as a result of anxiety). It might be worht your exploring the possibility of PTSD with a qualified counselor and/or psychiatrist. Anxiety can produce a whole host of physical symptoms that aren't immediately obvious as anxiety. The mind/body connection is very profound and poorly understood. Good luck!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”