healing questions help !

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
lmanders
New User

healing questions help !

Postby lmanders » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 pm

I had been diagnosed with c.diff a little over 2 months ago and no longer have the cramping with blood and mucus. I now have episodes after I eat that I wind up with a cramping pain and sometimes then have d. It seems after one of these epidsodes that I have back pain along with abdominal pain for a few days. I am assuming that my gut flora is not back to normal - I have been taking probiotics and little by little seem to be getting better. Has anyone had symptoms like mine where it is only after eating that you have the cramping and how long did it take before you were back to normal. I had taken flagyl for ten days but completed that approximately 1 month ago. My doctor does not want to give me vanco because he feels my symptoms are too mild and wants me to just try to get back to normal on my own but it is so frustrating because I have to worry about what I eat. Any input would be greatly appreciated !!!

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:25 am

You have asked several questions about back pain in recent posts and I believe we have all said some of us still do get it even post c-diff. Yes, some of us still get D. after eating. To me it sounds like classic Post Infectious IBS but I am not a Doc. There are times where I still do have to run w/ these same symptoms.

If things get worse or persist please contact your Dr. there are lots of meds to help with this issue.

AlexL
New User

Postby AlexL » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:07 pm

It sounds very much like post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome. The pain associated with colon distention can definitely radiate to the back and is the likely explanation if the cramping and back pain occur together. Probiotics are a good idea as there is data in the medical literature that suggests they may help some patients with irritable bowel syndrome, whether post-infectious or not. I hope you feel better soon!!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:46 pm

I have been free of c-diff for 10 months now and I still get the pains like you describe. Not as often but once in awhile i get it. Sometimes its just gas sometimes its spasms. Try the heating pad it really does work,

supersmurf
Contributor

Postby supersmurf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:18 pm

Like Nsewell, I'm a ways off Vanco too and still have similar symptoms to yours and still have to be careful what I eat.
I also agree that probiotics are helpful, or at least they have been for me. I think it is matter of finding what works for you, it takes time to heal from this infection. But as everyone says, if you are concerned about something don't be afraid to ask your doc.
Hope you continue to heal,
Supersmurf

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”