Please take a look at my symptoms

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Prissy
Brand New Poster

Please take a look at my symptoms

Postby Prissy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Please take a look at my symptoms. With no positive result to tests, my Dr. thinks C-Diff, but I am not so sure: Started late January, watery itchy feeling in base of intestines one day, next day gas and cramping late in the day with only one episode of diarrhea, lasting about an hour. Next day only residual bowel movement, following day constipation. Then it starts again with the itchy watery feeling, etc. This is the cycle. I have been on 3 Flagyl treatments, and the sypmtoms come back within 5 days of being off of the antibiotic, and each time they are different. Now I have mild pain and what feels like swelling throughout my right abdomen. I thought the diarrhea was gone after 6 days, but came back today. Never a fever, no nausea, just feel overall unwell, and completely spent after the episodic diarrhea.
I will have a CT scan followed by colonoscopy over the next 10 days, but I would really appreciate some feedback on this episodic diarrhea. I have found a really reputable infectious disease testing center in Tempe online and am completing some test to send on my own, but I feel I need something to talk about with my Dr.

negroni
Regular User

Postby negroni » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:30 pm

Hi , I never had the water itchy feeling you discribe ,nor can I remember reading anyone who has ,also I never had constipation between episodes,I have heard some who have IBS will go from diahrreah to constipation. I did have nausea,chills ,low grade temps.and lots of loose bms. I know this is nerve wracking,maybe you could research this watery itchy feeling you always get and see what comes up. Hang in there, Doris

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:50 pm

You might want to maybe get a second opinion or see what he wants to do maybe change your meds to vanco........ I know cdiff is something none of us want~!!!!! Good luck

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:27 am

Prissy,
Welcome to the site. Read the first forum ALL USERS READ THIS FIRST & its subtopics. They will guide you in using the site & answer some of the most frequent questions. Read Dr. Borody’s & Dr. McDonald’s articles and the areas in FAQ that interest you – especially FAQ-Hygiene, Nutrition, & Testing.

I can't answer your question about "watery, itchy feeling," but C. diff. is a very individual disease, & everyone reacts differently. If you are on meds. (Flagyl or Vanco.) you should be off them for 10 to 14 (14 preferable) before being tested (this includes stool tests, colonscopy, fleg sigs, etc.) as the meds. can affect test results, & there are many false negatives anyway. There are so many other "things" this could be & this isn't a medical site, you need to seek additional medical advice. Why does your doc. think you have C. diff.? Were you on antibiotics or hospitalized prior to becoming ill?

The infectious disease center you mentioned might be a good decision, but do check them out; many "online" places are not reputable. You might see another ID or GI in your area.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”