Microscopic/Collagenous Colitis???

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Waldog
Regular User

Microscopic/Collagenous Colitis???

Postby Waldog » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:51 am

Anyone heard of this? I ran across it doing a google search for Cultrelle...

http://www.colitis.malinowski.com/

Appears interesting... I wonder if some of us could be experiencing this as well as an underlying cause???

Or maybe this is something that is actually CDT related, and went undetected.

Just thought I'd share. Feel free to delete or comment.
-Waldog

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:13 am

My biopsies from my colonscopy came back positive for Lymphocytic Colitis in January of this year. The whole right side of my colon was inflamed and packed w/ lymphocytes.There is really no treatment for it except Pepto, Immodium, and steroids. The steroids are usually only used if the Pepto or Immodium can't control the diarrhea.
My Dr. believes it may heal as time goes on and that it was due to the severity of my c-diff infection therefore even though I was diagnosed with LC by the Pathologist, he is calling it PI-IBS w/Dyspepsia. I have ready many articles on Microscopic Colitis and IBS. It is very common for the diagnosis's to be confused. All in all, it doesn't seem to matter as both treatments are pretty much the same.

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:15 pm

I am going to be biopsied later this month for microscopic colitis...a lthough my doctor didn't relate to the cdiff but to the fact that I have celiac disease. If the biopsy is negative then I'm on to the post-infectious IBS diagnosis. My doctor did mention other treatments for microscopic colitis other than pepto, immodium or steroids...he mentioned a treatment he explained as almost like an aspirin....but I can't remember what it was. I'll just have to wait and see.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”