Relapse

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
negroni
Regular User

Relapse

Postby negroni » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi Everyone, Well its been awhile,I have been off Rifaximin since Feb.10th, And decided to give the brewers yeast a try.It firmed up my bms pretty well,after the 3 week dose ,I started to not feel right again,but still not too bad ,so I decided to ride to ride out,then a week ago last Sunday I started to have the weired bms,and all this week I felt the rapid heartbeats,light headed ,fatigue,blurry eyes and even the pain back in my ears! Still no D. and my body temp was close to normal,and I tried to dimiss the rest.Today I woke up to a very normal bm.then a second normal bm,I was thinking how normal I felt and that i actually believed I was over it. I ate an apple, drank some water, getting ready to jog,and I jogged to the bathroom instead, there it was, greenish watery D.the kind I get with cdiff,I reluctantly decided to surrender a sample to get tested today.I was hopeing to write in success stories,hanging on to the 70 day mark passed,I was close,anyways tomorrow will tell,Im still praying for the best,on the upside It feels good to write you all again ,even if its not with good news.How are you all ,Shila,Christina, Bobbie,and the rest doing? How many think I have it still lets get a vote! Lol Doris

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:08 pm

Hey Doris,

Good to hear from you - just wish it was with better news. Sounds like you've been doing well up to now, we'll keep our fingers crossed that it's just an IBS something or other. You know your symptoms though...

Keep us posted - will be thinking of you.
~Sheila

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Doris,
I love it, we're voting for you! I vote for the 3-day rule. I have had D since recovering from cdiff and it turned out to be nothing, after lots of fingernail biting and WWW. Hang in there and I hope it gets better.

puremess
Regular Contributor

Postby puremess » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Doris,
Hopefully you are not relapsing! How long have you been off the meds?

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:37 pm

Hang in there. I t could still just be the IBS. I have been c-diff free for 9 months now and I remember MANY days like that during recovery.

negroni
Regular User

Relapse

Postby negroni » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:42 pm

I have been off vanco since Dec. then tested positive and took 3 weeks of Rifaimin and have been off of that since Feb. 10th,so off Vanco 4 months and off Rifaimin 53 days counting today.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 pm

I really think youve beaten it!!! I was also like that after Xifaxan. Keep positive.. Good luck.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:00 am

Doris,
I think you got this thing beat!!! I have some days some weird stools.. I think it takes awhile for it to get back to normal.. especially after what they've been though.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”