Swelled rectum?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
boxer77
Regular User

Swelled rectum?

Postby boxer77 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:03 am

Each relapse I get my I guess is my rectum gets swollen, I have to strain to get anything to pass but when it does pass, its easier.
Doc said no roids, I dont have any pain this time either. Prep H worked the last time, now it dosent seem to affect it. Should I try suppositories?
Thanks for your help.

blakemama
New User

swollen orifice

Postby blakemama » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:18 pm

I'm new here. I went to the ER Thursday night because my anus swelled shut. My positive C. diff toxin culture just came back yesterday; so Thursday, they didn't really know what it was.

I do have internal hemorrhoids that became quite inflamed from the repeated BMs. I bought some Preparation H and it helped a little. When I was in the hospital yesterday for dehydration, the doc said I needed prescription hem help and prescribed hydrocortisone suppositories.

You said you don't have hemorrhoids. Have you been examined? I would suggest you get an examination to see if you have internal hemorrhoids. I can completely relate to the "cork effect" of having to go and not being able to.

Cheryl

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:35 pm

Boxer,

Always check with your doc. about what do in in situtions like this. These are "doc." questions, & this isn't a medical site.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:45 pm

blakemamma,

Welcome to the site. Read the first forum ALL USERS READ THIS FIRST & its subtopics. They will guide you in using the site & answer some of the most frequent questions. Read Dr. Borody’s & Dr. McDonald’s articles and the areas in FAQ that interest you – especially FAQ-Hygiene, Nutrition, & Testing. Also see FAQ-Dehydration to help prevent another trip to the hospital.

Let's hope you are one of the lucky ones who recover with one to two rounds of Flagyl or Vanco. If antibiotics contributed to your C. diff., be careful about taking them again. (See FAQ-Antibiotics.)

Let us know how you are doing.

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:58 pm

Already checked with doc, no roids. I picked up some suppositories today. home they help.
I just wanted to know if any one experienced this, nothing more.

blakemama
New User

Postby blakemama » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:52 pm

I'm glad there aren't any 'roids, Boxer. Did the doc give you any hints on what could be causing the swelling other than just using and cleaning the orifice much more often than usual? I hope the supps help.

The 'roid thing is still with me, even with the medicine, but I guess until I stop going, they're not gonna go away.

Best of luck,
~~Cheryl~~

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:38 pm

Not sure what is causing it but prep H supositrories are helping a bit.
Im finding a new Gi Doc cause this bozo has put me on a 4 th round of Flagyl
and told me if this last round the 3rd one didnt work he would put me on vanco. He said well the flagyl is working since it makes you feel better, even tho he knows I relapse he says it will get better it will jsut take time.
I relapse a week to the day everytime I finish my meds. I called him up and told Him what I thought, so now I might not get that referal to the Infectious Doc now :>(, the hospital is looking to be my best bet to get on vanco. Docs around the Indy area treat the word vanco like its only ment for important people, and not to be used on pesants like me. I want to beat them over the head sometimes.

Fiona
New User

Postby Fiona » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:48 am

I experienced a similar thing, and had an accompanying medium sharp pain when going to the washroom. If that is also the case with you, you may want to ask your doctor to examine you for the possibilty of an anal fissure rather than hemmoroids. He/She will need to examine you for this, they are not obvious. My doctor said the frequent and fierce diarrhea sometimes causes tiny fissures (like a small cut), and swelling comes with this. She prescribed me a topical ointment for this, and it helped within a matter of days, eased both pain and swelling.
Fiona

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”