probiotic effects

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Jan
Regular Contributor

probiotic effects

Postby Jan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:24 pm

Just wondering if any one has had any side effects from taking probiotics.
I am now beginning to wonder if my gurgling gassy stomach and BM's are due to taking Lactinex chewables and Acidiphullis?? I only recall having a gurgling stomach 2 nights when in full swing of the C Diff. Too afraid to stop taking the probiotics right now since I just stopped the Vanco this past Friday. Want to make sure I have enough good bacteria in my system over the next 14 days up to my next "stool" sample.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:03 pm

Jan,
Probiotics do bother some. They are strictly "trial & errror." You might cut back & see.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:20 pm

Jan,
Bobbie's advice about cutting back on your probiotics a bit is excellent. I took about twice the normal dosage of 4 probiotics (acidophilus, Culturelle, Floraster, and Primadophilus reuteri), on the theory that more is better, "can't hurt, might help." However, I had pain and gas, and had to cut back on some.

boxer77
Regular User

Postby boxer77 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:58 pm

Doc put me on 4 a day probiotics, it gave me severe "D", I stopped it since I was still on metronidazole, and things got back to normal.
He wanted me hiting the cdiff with good bacteria and the antibiotic, of course taken at diffrent times.
Funny thing I have never had any cramps with this infection, so many have.......

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”