Home infusions?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
whitepine
Regular Contributor

Home infusions?

Postby whitepine » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:36 pm

For anyone who has done home infusions of fecal bacteria from a donor, I have a bunch of questions.
Do you have to have saline solution, or can you mix the solution with water/milk?
Please reply, or private message me.
I am looking for a doctor who will oversee doing home infusions. If anyone has a contact of a doctor who will do this, please let me know. Thank you!

whitepine
Regular Contributor

anybody out there?

Postby whitepine » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:53 pm

Anybody have a doctor willing to supervise home infusions? ANYONE out there? Please?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:05 am

whitepine,
Are you still interested in home infusions? Didn't you have an infusion done by a doc.? (So many on site now, I get mixed up & too many posts to check all details.)

If you are still interested I will forward your post to a doc. who might be helpful.

Neng Friend
New User

Home Infusion

Postby Neng Friend » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:25 am

Contact me at nengfriend@yahoo.com

I am going to be doing home infusion within 7-10 days. I live in the Boston, Massachusetts area. I am happy to discuss this on personal email. I have a wonderful doctor who had C-Diff himself from exposure and performed infusion on himself. I am so lucky I found him. He and I have discussed the details at length. My husband will be the donor. I am using "normal saline solution" found at any medical supply. Other solutions may kill off the good bacteria.

I am on my 3rd relapse of C-Diff...I will do anything to get rid of it. My Doc said that about 30% of people (with recurring C-Diff) immune systems don't recognize the problem. Introducing the good bacteria just may do the trick.

I respect this website's rules regarding advice on this procedure, but will report the results, when I have completed the process and have an idea of what the outcome will be.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:27 am

Thx., Neng Friend.

Let us know the results. You are fortunate to have found a doc. -- & one who had C. diff. so he really understands it. It is supposed to have a high "cure" rate. Good luck.

whitepine
Regular Contributor

yeah!

Postby whitepine » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:50 am

Thank you so much! Thank you neng and Bobbie, I had not seen this update! I will email right away! Thank you again!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:33 am

Whitepine- do not put all your faith in infusions if you have already had one that did not work! I know a person who has had cdiff longer than I have (6yr) and did MANY MANY infusions to no avail. It slowed things down but never rid her of the spores apparently which kept bringing it back. To this day she is still on vancocin at low dosage. Infusions are great for some people and for others they do nothing.
Cindy

whitepine
Regular Contributor

infusions

Postby whitepine » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:43 am

Hi Cindy,

This is true, and thank you.
I am not putting all my faith into them, just all my faith in finding a doctor who will let me do them. I atleast want to try home infusions, and after 10 of them, if it does not work, then I will have atleast tried it, and have peace of mind that I tried it. I had 10 watery "d" episodes today, and feel like I have to pull teeth just to get a stool test ordered, this is so frustrating.

Right now I feel I have nothing to lose by trying home infusions. I will try them, and see if they work, and move on from there.

Thanks!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:02 am

whitepine,
I've contacted the doc. I told you about twice re. home infusions & have not heard back. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:08 am

Laura,

I have a friend who did enemas at home w/ her husband. I will talk to her today and see if she will email you , if that's OK. I honestly am not sure if they worked but they came up with their own ideas to make the process simpler and she did quite a few of them.

Hang in there.

Christina

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”