loose bowels after colonoscopy

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hilldk
Regular User

loose bowels after colonoscopy

Postby hilldk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:26 pm

My colonoscopy went okay Wednesday. Yesterday I barely went to the bathroom. This morning it was loose. I just went to the bathroom and it was diarrhea. I just wondered if it could be a residule effect of the cleaning out meds. I took 32 of the HUGE Osmoprep tablets. I gagged on the last round of them, so I'm sure my system isn't quite right. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar exerience. I'm on vancocin 250 mg X 3, and I don't feel bad--just had a weird moment for me.

Thanks,
Kristi

whitepine
Regular Contributor

normal

Postby whitepine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Give it about a week to return to normal after a colonoscopy. The clean out stuff can mess you up, and I always get diarrhea after a colonoscopy. Make sure to eat some probiotics and give it time. Bananas and toast can help firm things up. :) hang in there!

hilldk
Regular User

Postby hilldk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:07 pm

I take my Flora-Q everyday--except the day I had the scope. My stomach isn't going crazy, so I thought maybe it was after effects of the scope and meds. Yesterday, I decided the demerol (sp?) was coming out of me--I never get hot, and I thought I was going to have to put a fan in my shirt. I'm only 38, so I don't think I could have been having a hot flash... : )

whitepine
Regular Contributor

:)

Postby whitepine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:15 pm

The meds mess you up too, i felt woozy and out of it for 2 days.
Hang in there, it will get better!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:55 pm

Yes you can have the D or loose stools for a few days afterwards. After my last one I felt like I had the flu for awhile for some reason. It will pass.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”