Strep throat 2 years post cdiff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
devo343
Contributor

Strep throat 2 years post cdiff

Postby devo343 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:15 am

Long time no post. I have been doing well however I am having a big issue. I may be having strep throat and I do know step throat is treated with antibiotics usually. However since I had cdiff about roughly 2 years ago I really do not want all that progress to be undone. So I am asking what should I do?. Do I just tough it out and risk the potential complications of scarlet fever and rheutamic fever or do I absolutely have to take a antibiotic and risk cdiff again.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Strep throat 2 years post cdiff

Postby NanciT » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:24 pm

This really becomes a personal choice. Talk with your doctor about which antibiotics and run those past your GI that treated you for CDIFF.

It is always a terrible situation, you don't want things to get worse...and yet you don't want CDIFF. Some have taken antibiotics with no issues.

Wishing you the best

NanciT

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:31 am

The sore throat has progressively gotten better so either it was strep throat and my body just took care of it on its own or it's a viral thing hopefully the latter

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:10 pm

Great! Use warn saline solution to gargle and all the home remedies. I would push forward with that if things are getting better!!

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”