Just the next nightmare situation

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Steffi
Contributor

Just the next nightmare situation

Postby Steffi » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:54 pm

Dears,

I went to a job interview 2 days ago (on Wednesday morning) - 11.10. I had hand to hand (handshake) contact with the interviewer and also I worked for a few minutes on the laptop of the interviewer: touching his mouse and his keyboard. I also touched some door handles. After all that I disinfected my hands hardly, seriously with ethyl alcohol 95° - the strongest - I literally was swimming in this ethyl alcohol because I used for the disinfection process approximately 500 millilitre ethyl alcohol during my whole journey to the office and back for that damn interview. The problem is that I did not wash my hands when I came back home - I only disinfected my hands with the mentioned ethyl alcohol 95° several times and then I took a pill for cold immediately after my hand disinfection with ethyl alcohol. My question is: am I at risk to get cdiff and how long I should be worried, I mean how many days is the incubation period for cdiff?

Thanks in advance!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Just the next nightmare situation

Postby NanciT » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:09 pm

Steffi

I am sorry you are going through this and can't remember how long ago you had CDIFF. It can really cause this kind of anxiety and takes time to push through it.

As an example, I last had CDIFF in 2020. My Mom is currently in a acute Nursing Home. It DID cross my mind.......I make an effort not to touch anything when I am there....the thoughts just come as I walk through the halls.

Because I worked in a hospital during the times I had CDIFF, I had to get used to the fears.

It takes time. Wash your hands...that is number one and you took care of that. I know its easy for me to say but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Take Care NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:40 am

I agree with Nancy. I don't think you need to worry.

Steffi
Contributor

Postby Steffi » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:58 am

Thank you so much, Nanci! Thank you for your support and for your sincere willingness to help, highly appreciated!

I had CDIFF in 2020. It left me with some strange kind of IBS, not exactly the classic form of IBS - just my system works in a different way now. I only hope that some day I could return to my original self and think less about it ... :)

Steffi
Contributor

Postby Steffi » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:05 am

Thank you very much, Beth! You are all great! Actually you are my only friends to speak about this, because here in my country Bulgaria the health care system is a nightmare and the doctors also :)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:25 pm

Let us know how you do, but I really think it is okay. I still have anxiety about it as well. I had GI upset last week and still not better completely and I went and got a test for c diff. Thankfully it was negative.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”