Scared

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Scared

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:15 am

Hi everyone!

I ate at a Mexican restaurant last night and 2am I wake up, almost got sick to my stomach but ended up have a lot of D.it hurt a lot- bad stomach ache. The color is brown thank goodness no yellow. I have gone about 9 times. My daughter is sick too, but with a bad cold and she did vomit 4 times. But she didn’t have any Mexican food. I’m trying not to freak out but I am….

I need reassurance
Last edited by Lissaucd on Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sacred w

Postby NanciT » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:48 pm

I thing we all tend to go to the "worst" case whenever we get sick. It sounds like the food had issues with your GI...and your daughter too. That itself would let me lean towards sometime of "bad" food item or food poisoning which really needs to work its way out.

Lots of fluids, rest, and try not to worry.

Hang in there, hopefully it passes soon

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: Scared

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:11 pm

I don’t know what I was thinking but this morning I took an Imodium. I was so tired and didn’t think about it. I haven’t gone all day since 7am. Do you think I need to worry about it? Dumb move on my part!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:55 am

The Imodium will wear off and if you still have food poisoning or a virus, you may get D again. One Imodium would not stop c difficile. It sounds like you kind of had a clean out, so not going all day is not that unusual. I hope you feel better soon!

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:02 am

Thank you! It’s a virus for sure- now I’m vomiting, temp is 102 and I have a horrible cough. JUST like my daughter. She brings home the little bugs from school

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”