Relapse 2 years later???

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Relapse 2 years later???

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:48 am

I’ve been doing great. After two years I have all the symptoms of c diff. Just like when I was sick. Now I’m a mess. I had to take lexapro bc I was so bad after c diff. Had formed stools Sunday morning, Sunday night D. Yesterday took pepto D. Today woke up with D. My neighbors had stomach flu about two weeks ago. Not sure if something is going around. But I’m dying inside, my anxiety is coming back. My doc said doubt it’s c diff. It my mind is a mess. Crying non stop

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Relapse 2 years later???

Postby beth22 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:13 pm

If the D continues, have stool tests done. Not just for c diff, but a culture to see if it another bacteria. Hopefully just a virus that will go away.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:31 am

My doc doesn’t want to test bc they are unreliable with kaiser. He said that I probably have a virus. I’m still having D. This morning wasn’t pure water, second was like apple sauce. Sorry tmi. What should I do ?? This is 48 hours so far of d. I have no d throughout the night.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:18 pm

I would call the doctor's office and ask for stool tests.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:10 pm

Thanks Beth- I think I may wait. I took some pepto and thar seemed to help. Had some chicken and rice. No D after. Fingers crossed it’s just a bug. I hate this so much. I finally thought I got my life back. Also, bc I didn’t get it with antibiotics the first time, my mind is racing

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:51 am

I know how you feel. It happened to me some months ago. I tested for everything and everything came back okay, but it gave me peace of mind. It was either a virus or food poisoning in my case, but it cleared up with the help of Pepto as well. I hope yours goes quickly!

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:56 am

Hi Beth- do you mind if I asked how long it took to clear up? My doc said kaiser testing gives a lot of false positives…. I would hate for that to happen and I get medicine again that destroys my gut. He treats by symptoms. It has been t best it had ever been thr past 6 months!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:46 am

Don't remember, but around 3 or 4 days. But, many of us who have had c difficile take much longer to recover from stomach viruses. I have read posts of 2 weeks for some.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:08 am

Thank you beth. Yesterday only had D twice. Today this morning twice already. My daughter is sick too. I’m on day 5. I’m a mess.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:33 am

Not a nice question but how’s the smell? It’s such a massive giveaway.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:53 am

No smell now! Was a little at first. But last night after taking a probiotic in morning I had a semi formed stool!!!!!! I think it’s a bug bc my daughter had it too but got over it after one day!!!

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:01 pm

Lots of nasty going around. Everyone, well maybe not everyone, but lots of people I know are sick. Now that healthcare centers here in the Midwest aren’t masked, it’s let her rip. Pretty much all the hospitals and long term care I deal with are fighting everything from strep to sinus infections to the chits. My entire families been on antibiotics, two separate households, including my wife who literally hasn’t touched antibiotics in 15 yrs.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:44 pm

Wow! I’m so sorry to hear! Things are starting to slowly improve after taking a probiotic from bio Gaia. It must’ve been a virus! My daughter got over it in one day makes me realize how old I am!!! That’s a very good point, there are no masks here in California either! I think I drove my family and Doctors crazy last week thinking that CDF was back!! I appreciate everyone’s help so much!

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:43 pm

Glad you’re improving! Don’t blame you for freaking out at all.

BTW, since you mentioned a possible virus: folk should know certain strain(s) of SARS-CoV-2 (Covid) can cause diarrhoea; some have found it was their only obvious symptom. If you get unexplained D in these crazy ‘let it rip’ times, it is worth taking an LFT test.

There is also strong evidence that repeat Covid infections damage the T cells (part of the immune system), causing susceptibility to other infections, including bacterial (just like D1Dad has referred to). None of us wants that. Avoid, avoid!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”