Zinplava success anyone?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
deb30
New User

Zinplava success anyone?

Postby deb30 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:16 pm

Hi again. I did look up Zinplava on this site and saw a few postings--- mixed results. I'm currently on 1 pill a day of 250mgs Vancomycin (BMs are normal), after having my 2nd relapse after a long vanco taper.I didn't get the watery D, just that burning sensation from my midriff on down and loose stools. Saw a new gastroenterologist this week who specializes in C Diff. She ordered new stool cultures, including PCR-- all came back negative. So now she wants me to continue on the 1 vanco a day until I get the Zinplava infusion, then wean me off the vanco. When I google Zinplava, I see that it only has about a 60% rate of preventing a recurrence? Am I reading this correctly? Has anyone had this as part of their treatment and found a more lasting success with it? Thanks so much!
Dx Dec. '22 after having symptoms from a combination of Flagyl and Cipro for 2 weeks pre-surgery and IV Clindamycin during surgery. Vancomycin for 10 days, relapse 11 days later. Vancomycin long taper from beginning of Jan. '23 to May 1, '23.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Zinplava success anyone?

Postby NanciT » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:00 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

The best way to check the site is in the upper right search bar. We have had a few posters that mentioned they may get Zinplava but I don't recall any updates. My understanding is it's used post treatment to stop reoccurance. I also read about it, the 60%.

I don't think many have tried it. Often we see a Vanco taper or a DIficid Taper.

Wishing you the best with it

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”