Daughter has ear infection (freaking out!!)

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Daughter has ear infection (freaking out!!)

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:49 am

I knew the day would come when one of us would need antibiotics. My daughter has an ear infection - we waited to see if it would clear on it’s own but no luck. I’m worried even tho it’s been over a year since I had c diff. They put her on amoxicillin. If you have any advice please let me know !!

Should I put her on kids floraster!

Thank you!!!

roy
Administrator

Re: Daughter has ear infection (freaking out!!)

Postby roy » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:36 pm

Hi Roy!!

We followed this to a T. She was seen on Thursday and waited until Saturday bc she just wasn’t getting any better. Her ear pain was not being helped by pain relievers. Fevers kept coming right back. So, we started her on amoxicillin and I went and got kids florastor.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:46 am

Is there maybe an antibiotic spray for ear infections? Might be worth asking.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:27 am

No there is no spray that I am aware of. But there are cortisporin otic drops for ears which can be used sometimes depending on location of infection.. The doctor can determine that along with Fever.

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:54 am

If you had to deal with Cdiff it doesn't necessarily mean that she might get it too . I understand the anxiety but she might be just fine , or might have one or two days of antibiotic associated D but after that to go back to normal. You definitely should give her a probiotic to go along with the course of antibiotic , Florastor is a good idea.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:34 pm

Just got back from docs- ear infection and has to be on amoxicillin for seven days!!! The fever and pain wouldn’t go away. And now we’re doing the wait-and-see approach for me because I have green snot and tons of sinus pressure. So possible sinus infection!!!! I made sure to put my daughter on probiotics! Ever since she started preschool we have been sick nonstop!!!!! She is missing her bbf birthday party today! I feel so bad!!!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:19 pm

If your coming down with the same infection (a cold) as her then it's 99.9% certain it's a viral infection!

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:21 pm

No it’s very different- she doesn’t have any cold symptoms just ear issues and fever. I have sinus issues, boogers etc. my ears were also checked out and it was clear. Also, she started the amoxicillin and now she has loose stool. I did give her florastor yesterday too but she hasn’t been eating much at all. So a lot of meds are going in her tiny tummy with not much food. Any advice?

Thank you!!!

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:32 am

Day 4 of antibiotics Ans she still is having ear pain. This is our first ear infection. Still have her on Tylenol and Motrin - switching off. The doc said he may need to increase her dosage for antibiotics which I don’t want to do. Does anyone have any tricks or advice? I know we have some nurses Ans mamas/dads out there thar have “been there”

Thank you!!!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”