Recent positive test- common symptoms

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Tdavis
Brand New Poster

Recent positive test- common symptoms

Postby Tdavis » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:00 pm

Hello all. I am a 57 year old F. I was diagnosed 6 days ago with C Diff. First time I’ve had it (at least been diagnosed). I am on Vanco 4 x Day and Florastor. After reading other posts, I see that I will likely have good days and bad days. I was really feeling pretty good the last few days! I have some annoying side affects from the Vanco but I know it’s necessary. My question is, has anyone else experienced a momentary throb or spasm feeling? For me, it’s on my side, and sometimes my back. Just randomly happens and goes away quickly. I don’t know if it’s my intestine or what. I mentioned it to the Dr before my results came in and they didn’t seem concerned about it.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Re: Recent positive test- common symptoms

Postby notheidi » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:34 pm

Welcome, sorry you have this scourge of an infection but glad you're feeling better overall.

I haven't had that, but I have had a ton of random muscle twitching that resolves with magnesium supplements, I was told that it's a mag deficiency. You can get a lot of deficiencies from c diff. Not sure if that's what's causing your problem or not, but food for thought.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

roy
Administrator

Re: Recent positive test- common symptoms

Postby roy » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:03 am

Momentary spasms are probably nothing to worry about.
Normal times you would probably not even notice.
Slightly concerning is you mention vanco side effects.
Vanco is usually well tolerated because it is not absorbed by the body.
Almost all of it stays in the gut and passes out unchanged.
Side effects are rare but should be mentioned to your Dr.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”