Can’t move on..

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Can’t move on..

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:03 pm

Hi all,

I just can’t move on. It’s been a year and I still obsess about my stool. If I have loose stool or a stomach ache I think it’s back. Sometimes I worry so much I cause my stool to be loose!!! (Like today) I do have therapy and that helps. But I just worry since I wasn’t on antibiotics to begin with when I got c diff. I’m still not gaining weight!!! Has it taken longer for others to gain weight back as well? I think I worry about c diff when things are stressful too- my grandmother passed away last week. Now, my other grandmother is on hospice. Overwhelmed for sure…

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Can’t move on..

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:32 pm

Stress is hard on all of us. Glad you are getting help. To gain weight, try adding two cans of Ensure Plus - or another brand of a supplemental drink (I like vanilla). Boost is sweeter. Check with your doc.

You will eventually find your feet. Keep posting. We care. I am sorrry about your grandparents.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:34 pm

Thanks Bobbie. I talked to my family about everything but they don’t understand like you all. I just appreciate you all so very much.

Matrix
New User

Postby Matrix » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:23 pm

Sounds like were both going through rough patches.

I'm still not gaining weight. Down 70 lbs in a little over 4 months.

My mother had a mini stroke 2 weeks ago and they found a blockage in her heart. They had to put stents in.

So i understand the stress you're having as i'm having it myself.

I went to the emergency room last night cuz i thought i was having a heart attack. 5 hours later and they think it was bad acid reflux from ibs.

Its definitely a rough road. All you can do is try to stay positive.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:06 pm

I’m so sorry to hear! I used to have bad acid reflux myself. I tried the Dr. Oz nutritional shake and it did help the inflammation a lot. This was before I had C diff. It’s almond milk, ginger, banana, watermelon, and cantaloupe. I can’t tell you how much it helped!!! I was 120 before CDF and now I’m 88 pounds!!! I’m so sorry to hear about your mom - I’m wishing her a speedy recovery!!!!

I wish I can use A nutritional drink. They tend to really upset my stomach

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:23 pm

Best wishes to both of you. Tough times.

Support sites are so helpful. To sum it up, “Misery loves company” and “Walk a mile in my shoes.”

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:12 pm

Both of my grandmothers passed within 5 days of each other. My stomach is in knots and my stool has been soft, mushy and sometimes D, yellowish. (Color is common for me for some reason)I think it’s stress. I did end up taking Pepto pills and I only went once that day after the pills. Next day was solid due to pills which put my mind at ease a little. ( rightfully so right?) but today loose after talking to my parents about cleaning my grandmothers room. Just too much at once I think. I also feel like I’m loosing weight from the stress which I can’t afford to loose! I’m only 87 pounds. I think I just need a little reassurance from those who understand!

I’m sorry I should have put in TMI… my mind is just overwhelmed.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:27 pm

I am so sorry for your loss....both grandmothers. VERY very difficult. This can affect your GI..........for awhile. Anytime we have such a great loss it affects our lives in many ways. Give yourself the time to do that.....try not to worry about each bathroom trip, it will wear you down. Grief is difficult so take good care of yourself right now.

Sending you and your family Peace and Comfort

NanciT

jG43
Contributor

Postby jG43 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:02 pm

So sorry for you. I understand. I am 3.5 years since recovery and I have had a bad couple of days with upset stomach and d No antibiotics but My mind goes right to relapse. I am hurting pretty bad mentally also right now. I really only started to gain weight back after 2.5 years in recovery. I think people like us who go through this really do suffer from a PTSD type issue that just takes time to heal mentally and physically. Hoping for more good days than bad

So sorry for your loss. Hope you feel better.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:34 am

Thank you for all the kind words. I’m just going to give myself some time to grieve- thanks again, I really do appreciate it!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”