IBS or relapse?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sgalv
Brand New Poster

IBS or relapse?

Postby sgalv » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:43 pm

Hello! I was diagnosed with c diff late April and finished Vanco on 05/08. I only had the diarrhea for 2 days so I believe I over treated and regret it since I was feeling better when I started taking the Vanco. I’m 5 weeks out from the last Vanco pill and have been able to eat my normal foods. My bowel movements are nowhere close to normal pre c-diff, but I’ve noticed since Thursday my stool has been green, but formed. At times I go multiple times a day sometimes only once or twice. Starting on Saturday I started to have some nausea and stomach pain, and today my first bowel movement was formed but also green. When I went to the restroom the second time it was about a 5-6 on the Bristol chart and it has some brown and green, but with a white froth to it, something I’ve never had before. I take Jarrow’s saccharomyces boulardii 2 times in the morning and night. I’m just concerned about the green colored stool and now the white froth in stool. For the past 4 weeks I’ve also noticed that I have a bowel movement in the morning and throughout the rest of the day I have a sense of urgency but when I go I just have gas and mucus that comes out but no stool which clears up by the next day. Is this considered normal in recovery? It’s also giving me pretty bad anxiety.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: IBS or relapse?

Postby georgina » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:21 am

The BM color is definitely NOT a sign of a relapse . Advice : Stop looking in the toilet , you will only make yourself more anxious for no reason. Trust me , you will know when you relapse ! And please , if you want to post descriptions of BM do it in the TMI section.

sgalv
Brand New Poster

Postby sgalv » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:47 pm

Thanks for answering me! I’ve also one episode of loose stool for the past 3 mornings with some floating stool, nausea, lack of appetite, and headaches. I know everyone’s recovery is different, but are those symptoms also considered “normal” recovery?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:09 am

They are symptoms of IBS often. If it persists, check with the doctor.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”