The c diff only need to get treated if diarrhea

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Frankee1
Brand New Poster

The c diff only need to get treated if diarrhea

Postby Frankee1 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:36 am

Hello I'm new to this forum sorry if I'm at a place but I had a question. I had cdiff last October and I've been dealing with some issues that resemble PI IBS. Before my treatment I wasn't aware of how infectious c diff was and I didn't take the proper precautions so I'm scared that people in my home might have been infected. My wife has shown a little bit of mucus when she wiped today. She does have PCOS and it's informed me that her stomach has been hurting her but she doesn't think that it's c diff. I guess I'm worried that she might be coming down with it but she doesn't have any of the diarrhea that I had. If she does have c diff is it only worth treating if you have watery diarrhea? I'm scared that her symptoms even though they're not as severe as mine were are still being ignored and could get worse.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: The c diff only need to get treated if diarrhea

Postby beth22 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:53 am

Hi Frankee1 and welcome to the site. You can find more information for new posters in the first forum.

It would be very unusual for your wife to show symptoms if you had c diff last October. It's very unusual for family members to get it at all as long as you practice good hygiene. My husband never got it and I had many relapses and we share the same bathroom and bed. Usually c difficile is not treated unless you have diarrhea. If it is a mild case, the body usually takes care of it.

Jodiekee
Regular User

Re: The c diff only need to get treated if diarrhea

Postby Jodiekee » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:51 pm

My kids and my ex husband never got it. And we all shared the same bathroom.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”