Disneyland

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Disneyland

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:22 am

Hi everyone!

Well, I’m almost at my one year mark- it will be in august. Not sure if anyone remembers, but I ended up cancelling a Disneyland trip due to fear after having c diff. Well, my daughter keeps asking to go! (She is 3). I’m doing much better but I have severe anxiety especially after having c diff. I do eat out, but at specific restaurants in town that is use to. I did try some new places this week as I have family down from Idaho. As I guessed, my stools have been weird probably not use to the food. My poor family is sick of me talking about poo!!!! I never use to give it a second thought, now i overthink EVERYTHING. Well, if I go to Disneyland I will have to eat out. How are people doing with traveling and eating out after c diff? Did you guys go back to normal? I wish I didn’t have anxiety or had c diff. Or at the very least, I wish I knew how I got it since I didn’t take an antibiotic! I feel like since I didn’t take an antibiotic ANYTHING can cause it.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Disneyland

Postby NanciT » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:14 am

I know the fear of eating out, it can be difficult. If you are traveling, just be careful where you eat. I actually pick up things at local grocery stores and make simple sandwiches etc. I watch my diet, have extra snacks on hand an plenty of water.

As far as Disneyland, just watch the choices. Stick with simple stuff. Go and enjoy!!!

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:06 pm

Thanks Nancy! Do you still eat out at restaurants?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm

You might want to check the Covid cases in southern Ca. Right now they are very high and a 3 year old can't be vaccinated. My guess is that in a few weeks they will be lower and Disneyland is mainly outside, except for the rides. Obviously a personal choice. We have not been back to Disneyland since Covid started.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:06 pm

I eat out on a rare occasion. Very little since Covid, we will pick food up.

I agree with Beth, we are currently having a COVID surge here in Northen CA, check the numbers in LA. I would be concerned going into a big crowd. Honestly, Best bet is wait till fall. VERY large crowds right now.

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:38 pm

We got immunities! We just got over Covid last week. Well, I tested negative the whole time and I was around them the entire time! But I did feel sick! Also, we made reservations for November! Thanks for all the wonderful advice!! Nice having friends in northern and Southern California!!! I’m in northern California myself!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:44 am

Yes, in November there will be way fewer people. We had over 6,000 new positive cases today in Los Angeles county and I know people who have had Covid more than once, so having had it doesn't necessarily give you immunity. But, in November kids are back in school and there really are no crowds It is a good month to go.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:24 am

I do want to add this.
Be careful what you "eat" at Disneyland. There are far more cases of food poisoning then I ever imagined. My nursing students were seniors from 5 different HS's and went on their Senior trip. Every year a group would get sick and came back to tell me they have a health center that was packed. That is NOT to say you would get sick, I just think my gut is far more sensitive then it was so I carefully choose where and what to eat there.

Bring lots of snack and HAVE FUN!!

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:36 am

That was my next question!! Where is it safe to eat inside thr park! Also, any restaurants that are safe to recommend in that area would be appreciated! I’m still not gaining weight so I can stand to loose a pound due to food poisoning! I will probably just bring in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Lol I’m also staying at the grand California hotel so I can go to and from park pretty easy to get more snacks etc!

Beth do you have any recommendations since you are in Southern California?

Thank you!!!!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:15 pm

I ask the hotel for a small fridge for my medication ( VSL3) and then go buy sandwiches at the store along with fruit , waters, etc. There are a few groceries stores just 5 min away. We always shop at the grocery stores and keep buying food there to ice cream etc. I would also eat at the hotel rather than at the park.

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:11 pm

Yes for sure! We are staying at the grand California hotel so I think it would Be okay to eat there?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:00 am

I have never gotten sick at Disneyland and I don't know of anyone else who has, but I am careful wherever I eat. I usually have a hamburger at this place by Frontierland and I ask for it to be well done. I have never had a problem. There is a cafe that has chicken, mashed potatoes, roast beef, etc whre I have dinner. It is like cafeteria style and you tell them what you want served for you. You can't take it yourself. And there is a restaurant that you have to make reservations for in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It's very good, but it is expensive.

If you send me a pm closer to when you go, I will ask my daughter who knows all the places and she lives not far from Disneyland. There are chain restaurants like Black Angus and Outback nearby too. One thing I do advise, is keep your mouth closed tightly on those water rides so the water doesn't go inside. That may be a source of people getting sick too and maybe people think it is food. I also wash my hands well after the rides and I don't touch the water outside of the boats on rides like Pirates or Small World.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:43 pm

Thanks Beth! I love that you eat out and go back to normal! I’m trying to do that as well! I have been eating out a lot which I love to do with my family! Thank you for the tips! I’ll be sure to let you know when thr time gets closer!!!! Thanks again!!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”