Doing ok but not great

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: Doing ok but not great

Postby GtrGrl » Wed May 25, 2022 6:36 am

I completely understand the anxiety (I have PTSD from my repeated bouts of C Diff) but looking at the facts: it’s mostly solid, you don’t feel unwell and your calprotectin is fine so no inflammation. You always have the option to test in a couple of weeks if you’re still worried or things are getting worse.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Wed May 25, 2022 7:46 am

this morning had a normal bm with no mucus and then the next was very loose but still mostly solid so its probably ibs ive had similar bm like that in the past that turned into nothing i hope

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:09 am

had WD this morning and now im freaking out it didnt smell like cdiff or was covered in m just looked like normal D but im freaking out now. Is it possible for it to come back this far out or is it just ibs. i feel otherwise ok and not sick or anything but that freaked me out super bad. this stupid disease has ruined my life and i constantly fear its coming back

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:51 pm

Didn't go the rest of the day and went now it's normal again so hopefully most likely just a random Ibs moment that cleared

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat May 28, 2022 1:24 am

It could be something that you ate that did not agree. I found after c diff, I did not tolerate a lot of foods that I could eat before and sometimes the reaction would come a day or two later even.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue May 31, 2022 11:44 am

Bm are still all over the place with mucus or not but it has not gotten worse persay. Im still trying to find therapy but most are booked out for months but now im really starting to get depressed unfourntaly i feel really sad and just yearning for the days before i had cdiff because everything is so different now i wake up every morning thinking its gonna come back and im living in constant fear. I do not feel happy anymore and feel like im gonna be at the mercy of this bacteria for the rest of my life. i also know nobody outside of these fourms that has had cdiff so its extremely isolating for me especially with my age group. While everyone is at college or getting a job im recovering from a very severe gi infection its very frustrating. i even have a sister that took clinda and was fine so i dont why i was the unlucky one

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Tue May 31, 2022 7:19 pm

It's a hard thing to accept. Time and again we read that it only really happens in the elderly and those in hospital but this board is proof that it can happen to anyone! I guess all of us on here have been unlucky. You will get free of it eventually. You may not even have it now. There are other treatments you can try if it does come back and lots of research to try and find another cure. The isolation part is difficult. This board is an amazing resource. Go and read the Success Stories section (I used to keep that open on my phone).

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:26 am

I know how you feel. What helped me a lot was talking to Neil Stollman located in Northern California. He knows everything about c diff Ans people come from all around to see him. Google his name!!! You will be so impressed!!! I had a video appointment with him. I paid out of pocket for the appointment. Worth every penny. He explained everything to me and knows how to talk to individuals struggling with anxiety like myself. I even cried during the appointment. I would reach out to his office and try and talk to him. He is usually booked months out - but they called me earlier with a cancellation. (Which I begged them to do if there was a cancellation) I struggle a lot too bc I did NOT take antibiotics. Now I feel like it can come back for any reason. But I’m trying to stay positive and get back to eating normally without fear.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:46 am

im still passing m in otherwise solid stuff but im not sure if at this point its just ibs i still have an appitite and feel ok the fact that this has been going on for over a week is maybe signs that its just ibs im still only going 2-3 times a day so im not sure whats going on or if something is brewing

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:54 am

You can’t know, remind yourself of that when you start to spiral. You can keep trying to work it out but you’ll just go round in circles getting more and more stressed. You either have to test (although not recommended by seasoned users of the board, with the symptoms you currently have) or just wait and see which way things go. If you don’t feel unwell I think that’s a good sign. I had a pretty good inkling when mine was starting up again.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:47 am

When did your relapses occur? I'm over 4 months out so it would be very unusual for it to come back this far out without any antibiotic exposure I also called my GI and he can see me tomorrow and I'll ask what he thinks about the mucus situation

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:14 pm

First relapse occurred after about 2.5 months, then it happened two or three times more, in fairly quick succession. I wasn't at all well in between first relapse and finally getting my FMT; they kept telling me I was negative but I knew it was still lurking as I felt really dreadful. I think after 4 months a relapse would be unusual; more likely it would be a low level that's still hanging around but again, if you don't feel ill I think it's a good sign. I hope the GI is helpful.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:43 pm

Yeah I feel ok just have relentless Ibs symptoms that are similar to cdiff had a BM not a touch of m on it and infact was pretty normal so the fact it's back and fourth is maybe just my bowels being well.. irritable. I've also been overeating to try and get my weight back up and it may just be too much for my gut and that's what's causing the mucus

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:59 pm

GI said mucus is definitely a classic symptom of ibs and to keep taking the metamucil and up the water intake as it was making me constipated and have alot of veggies in my diet that are rich in prebiotics to help keep cdiff away along with no antibiotic exposure

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:17 am

i think im gonna go ahead and move on from this website and hope i don't have to return im ready to move on. I will add those veggies to my diet and one way or another. i wanna thank you guys for the help.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”