Still loosing weight

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Still loosing weight

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:38 am

I’m still loosing weight! I’m so upset. The only thing I have done differently is get on nexplanon birth control for bad periods. I feel like I will never be normal again.

I don’t eat like I use to. I’m afraid to eat normally bc I’m scared of getting an upset stomach. (I’m a stay at home mama so going to the bathroom with a toddler is a challenge) I rarely eat different foods and not a lot.

It has almost been a year. I was hoping I would be better mentally but I’m not.

I’m 5’3 and weigh 85 pounds.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Still loosing weight

Postby NanciT » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Sorry you are going through this. A few things may help. Maybe see a dietician? The other suggestion that has been mentioned on the site a great deal is seeing a therapist. CDIFF can take time to get over emotionally, fear of eating and feeling sick occurs often.
Time can help also.....hopefully taking small steps will help

Feel better soon

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:27 pm

Thank you Nancy! I actually already do both- I see a nutritionist and a therapist. I’m just scared of getting sick again. Every time I get a stomach ache with D, I think it’s back.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:36 pm

There are many on this site that have really struggled with the same thing. It took me a long time to recover( 5 relapses over 1 year) and it took me time to put the weight back on. That was 2015, I got CDIFF again twice in 2020 and I must say that recovery was much quicker. I knew I could push through, I now have a good ID who works with me and I feel more secure about recovery. It was a very different experience.

The GI part took me a long time but I appreciate the new "normal".

Hang in there....you will get there.

NanciT

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:45 pm

The emotional part and anxiety is sometimes the hardest to conquer. Therapy is good when you realize you can’t manage on your own. Try eating small meals and more frequent feedings with higher calories rather than large meals- I am guessing the dietitian already suggested that.
You are doing the right things to get help and as NanciT said, it will come together.

Rita

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:05 pm

Thank you for the kind words. My nutritionist told me at least half my plate needs to be protein. And to stop being so much carbs because that can cause an upset stomach. I love my carbs because they are my comfort food! I also talked to my primary doctor and he told me not to worry about getting diarrhea. He says it happens and it doesn’t mean that I have C-diff. He even told me I can call him every time I get an upset stomach!!! Lol (he is an amazing doctor. Calls me within one hour of sending an email even on weekends!!!!)

I just need to put the fear and enjoy food again. Today, I tried steak and potato salad for dinner. Was nervous about it, but I know i need to step out of my comfort zone and get back to who I was before c diff- a person who loved food!!!!

Thanks again for all of the help and words of encouragement!!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”