International Travel

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
kbs
Brand New Poster

International Travel

Postby kbs » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:26 pm

Hello! I am new to the group. I am a 56 yr old female who had C Diff 2 years ago (twice) and took vancomycin as my treatment. Although my system has been mostly back to normal, I recently traveled to the Dominican Republic for a week and got severely ill 3 nights out of the 8 that we were there. We have been back for 2 1/2 weeks now, and I am still experiencing frequent trips to the bathroom daily. I am just wondering if anyone else who was almost fully recovered from C Diff has also experienced this, and how they handled it? Thanks in advance!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: International Travel

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:15 pm

I got another intestinal infection called campylobacter. It is possible that you picked up something in your travels. If the D continues, I would ask your doctor to test you for not only other bacteria with a stool culture, but also for parasites.

izarne
Brand New Poster

Re: International Travel

Postby izarne » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:08 am

I was in the Dominican Republic, too, and I got some kind of virus there. I had to take a very long time to get treatment, and some medications made it hard for me to fly because of nausea. If anyone has the same problem but can't cancel your trip, you can change your transportation to the train. Usually, trains don't get carsick, and since you're traveling on the ground, people with a fear of flights can take them easier. If you decide to use such transportation, https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ can help you plan your trip. Tell me, what do you take? Maybe these medications are not right for you.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”