First post and a couple of questions

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
CML
New User

First post and a couple of questions

Postby CML » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:13 pm

Hi all, 57 F here. Never had any real GI issues before this started two months ago. Diagnosed w c diff after stool culture having not taken any antibiotics for several years, my only potential risk factor was Prilosec. Stopped Prilosec right away when diagnosed. Finished vanco 10 day course 125 mg last Saturday. Actually feeling pretty good and things seem to be getting back to normal a bit. Except for this. I have had a lot of reflux, which I never used to have. Even hard boiled eggs this morning upset my stomach. Any advice on how to treat without ppi’s? Has anyone tried aloe water or other natural remedies? Thanks much.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: First post and a couple of questions

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi CML and welcome to the site. There is a natural product called FDgard that some people have used and it helped. I would ask your doctor about it. You can buy it OTC. If you were taking Prilosec before, maybe your body needs to acclimate to not having it. Again, I would discuss this with your doctor to see what the recommendations are.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”