Hard to get over the fear

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Hard to get over the fear

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:15 am

Hello ! So you all know I have been trying to move on. I’m having a very hard time eating my normal amount of food like I did before c diff. I’m nervous about getting an upset stomach and having D. I’m starting with a new therapist this week so hopefully she can help me.

How long did it take everyone to get back to normal eating without the fear? I hate pooping which I think that is another problem. This c diff has messed up my head and is really limiting my life. I’m trying so very hard to get back to normal. I have good weeks and bad. I feel like my recovery process hasn’t really started until December after I got off all the probiotics which were causing a lot of my problems! Thanks for listening, I do appreciate it so much!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Hard to get over the fear

Postby NanciT » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:36 am

It sounds like you are doing the right things, which is a BIG step to recovery. Part of recovery is all of the emotional issues so many end up with. Starting with a counselor will help.
Check out the "Peggy Lillis Foundation" and maybe think about writing your story. I found it helpful to help others and also read other's stories. You may see you are much father than you think.

It all takes time, some move on quickly but I believe we all have a different experience. I had a terrible time in 2014/15 when I could just not get better. Thankfully Dificid saved me but also left me with gut issues. For that year I was on rounds and rounds of Vanco...it all can take a toll and getting back to "normal" has been a challenge. I had to find a "new normal". I still eat a very limited diet, after having CDIFF in 2020 twice. Recovery was much faster but I still watch what I eat and if its the wrong thing, I know it quickly.

Reaching out to counseling is a big step....it will help and maybe in the end you will find yourself here offering your own experience which will always being comfort to others. That is how I landed here

Take Care
NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:38 pm

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the advice! I always find it easier to comfort others but I’m not able to comfort myself! I’m happy to get some help though counseling. My husband has also been more supportive which is great- even helping me workout hoping to build muscle. Thank you for the kind advice Ans always taking the time to write me!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:03 pm

Are you eating more frequent smaller meals rather than 3 large meals? I had a terrible time with PI IBS for a VERY long time and had to take many meds to help me, and found that smaller amounts of food worked better than large meals for a long time. I had to very very gradually work up to normal sized meal. It was both physical and mental…my body couldn’t handle digesting the large amounts quickly and the anxiety also didn’t help. Once everything settled down I could increase the size and content of my meals. I had to avoid high fiber and roughage for a very long time and you will figure out what foods are your intolerances as well.

As NanciT said, you are on the right path and the therapist is the way to go to help you move on.
Rita

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:55 am

Hello! Yes, I’m trying smaller meals, it’s just the anxiety that’s limiting my ability to eat. I think I just need to push through it until I realize that whatever happens I got it! Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”