IBS flared up

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

IBS flared up

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 pm

Hi everyone!

Last Monday I tried tofu for the first time- big mistake I ended up having D twice that night within 20 mins of eating it! Since then, I have been having soft stool, semi formed, squishy. This is abnormal for me- I was having great solid formed stool for a good amount of time now! Is this an IBS flare up? Not sure how a flare up works, how long it lasts etc. usually within a couple days things go back to normal for me, not this time!!! Freaking me out that’s for sure!

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Re: IBS flared up

Postby iamsick » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:13 pm

This happens to me too and I am 6 plus post years from my active cdiff infection. I have OCD so the fear of cdiff returning starts my mind churning!!! Positive self talk helps me immensely.
Teresa_68

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:16 pm

Me too!!!!!! I just hope this passes soon bc it really upsets me!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:08 am

I got SIBO after c difficile and my doctor gave me a list of foods not to eat and soy products were on that list. Apparently they are not that easy on everyone's GI tract and some people develop an intolerance to soy after Gi infections.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:43 am

Tofu doesn't sit well with me either, staying away from soy or soy products since i discovered my endometriosis (soy has natural estrogen). I tolerate well a slice of cheddar ,haloumi, emmentaler cheese , better tolerated. A flare of IBS can subside the next day or the next week , depends on weather or not you are taking something to help control your symptoms . When i have a flare up, i use a binding agent that helps bulk up my stool and some antispasmodics that my GI prescribed , and also i am going back on a very easy to digest diet : chicken soup , rice , chicken , toast .

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:23 am

Thank you! I went ahead and had some pepto and that helped bind it a little more. Just when I thought I was doing so well Ans getting back to normal!

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:30 pm

Soy products effect me, intestines cramp and loose stool. So many of our foods have soy listed as a additive.
Teresa_68

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”