Are there any doctors still doing fmt?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Mindy
Regular User

Are there any doctors still doing fmt?

Postby Mindy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:20 am

I have to take antibiotics for tooth abscess. I almost didn't make it in 2015, but FMT saved me. So many doctors are gone and with Covid it seems impossible. Very scared.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Are there any doctors still doing fmt?

Postby NanciT » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi

First confirm with your dentist and GI that you need the antibiotic. If is necessary, talk with the GI about which one and for how long. There have been changes to the length of time antibiotics are taken depending on the infection.
Every infection is different, I used a rinse with a dental infection which worked for me so there may be options.

It sounds like its been awhile and if a Low offender is taken it does not mean you will get CDIFF again. I understand the fear 110%!

Start there.....I would not worry about treatment for CDIFF yet...you may not need it.

Wishing the BEST!

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: Are there any doctors still doing fmt?

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:02 pm

Hi there!!!

Yes, 100% there are doctors for sure doing FMT! I’m sorry you had a hard time in the past, but you may be just fine this time! Nanci always gives amazing advice, she is so right! I would see what your options are and it doesn’t hurt to get a second opinion when it comes to taking antibiotics.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”