My doctors appointment

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

My doctors appointment

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:21 pm

I just had my GI appointment- I told him about my anxiety, fear of eating and having inconsistent stools (from formed to mushy like a Bristol 6) he recommended I retest since it has been 4 months. (Last week I had 2 really good days with no mushy!) To me this is a red flag- do I retest? I’m not having watery D. I have mushy, pudding like poo towards end of my bowel movement. And after my second bathroom trip in the morning. He thinks it more my anxiety and it eating well causing my issues.

I know you guys are the experts!!!!
Last edited by Lissaucd on Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: My doctors appointment

Postby NanciT » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:40 pm

I can only tell you my experience. I have had CDIFF in 2014-2015 for a year which finally cleared after a Dificid taper. I only tested after having several days of watery D. That test was negative. I found the Dificid harsh and it took my system a long time to get through and back to some kind of "normal".

I also came down with CDIFF again in 2020 after an ER /admit due to an infection and I was given IV antibiotics. This time we skipped the Flagyl, Vanco taper etc and went directly to the Dificid taper. Each time I never tested. I had Post IBS and was working with both and ID and then the GI Post CDIFF. It's been a year now and I am so much better but I know for me it takes awhile. Others on this site do great right away.

Generally, most labs won't take samples unless they are WD

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: My doctors appointment

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:09 pm

I was on dificid too! I think it does take a long time to heal. Thank you for the advice!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”