Mucus

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Mucus

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:33 am

Just my luck, this week I have had mucus when wiping. Clear. The only thing I have done different was stopped the saccharomyces boulardii. Stools are formed for the first one and usually soft for second. I go twice in morning. 15 weeks post dificid. Is this normal ?!! I’m freaking out as usual. Forgot to mention that I had it this morning and hardly drank any water yesterday until the evening. Maybe a little dehydrated?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mucus

Postby georgina » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:08 pm

It is perfectly normal to wipe M .A normal person without GI issues can have M , because M creates passage and lubricates the area for the stool to come out . Mucous in small amounts it's perfectly fine , in high amounts (when you actually go and it's just the M without the stool) is not ok , usually it is a sign that the area is inflammed , but when you recover from a Cdiff infection is something to be expected. There will be all kinds of abnormal things in recovery , don't obsess to much over them.
And , for the future , please keep the posts with TMI in the TMI section.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: Mucus

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:13 pm

Thank you so much! My apologizes I will be sure to keep it in the different section. I feel so much better, I just needed reassurance as usual. How I wish I didn’t have anxiety! My husband doesn’t worry about a thing! I’m working hard with my therapist to be more like him !!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”