Mucus without stool... Relapse?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Broni
Brand New Poster

Mucus without stool... Relapse?

Postby Broni » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:54 pm

Hello
I am 28 years old female. I am worried if I am relapsing because I was going to bathroom but nothing happened and it is just mucus (clear or light pink). It is first day I have noticed it. Is it OK? Is there someone who had this problem and it goes away itself?

I took first round of vanco 17 days ago (12.11.) and after 10 days of vanco treatment I was still OK. But 3 days ago (27.11.) I got diarrhoea back. Maybe I should not stop taking Enterol but I remember this rule 3x3 so I was trying to not stress out. First two days I was going to bathroom more than 3 times a day it was 5 or 6 times and I have started to take Enterol again. Third day (today) I am feeling OK and I was not at the bathroom at all but when I was it was just mucus. I am freaking out what is going on. Maybe I ate something?
I am taking probiotics - Saccharomyces boulardii (Enterol) 2x and Pearls intensive IC 1x. I am trying to eat healthy but I can not resist chocolate so I had a little bit of chocolate. Just a little bit :). And also hard cheese but only just a bit. I read that regarding FODMAP diet it is OK but who knows.

Thank you.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mucus without stool... Relapse?

Postby beth22 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:02 am

For some people having mucus is the first sign of c difficile, but you can get it and not have c diff. If it continues and you begin to get D, then I would probably get re-tested. It could be your body adjusting also. Mucus usually indicates inflammation. I have had it after being constipated and it does go away. If it gets worse, call the doctor.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:36 am

I think the mucous problem it due to the chocolate. Chocolate is a quite hard to tolerate when you have a irritated gut and sugar,in general , causes a lot of inflammation. If i were you,i would stay away from sweets , alcohol , dairy and junk food for awhile.

Broni
Brand New Poster

Postby Broni » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:29 am

Thank you for your advices.
Today I was going to bathroom 5 times and even when it is not diarrhoea for now I am now on strict diet but I am so afraid that c diff came back. I called with doctor and he said to start strict diet and when it will not be better than he prescribed me second round of vanco.
I can not imagine that this condition would end. I am reading successful stories to motivate myself but I I feel so sad :,(. I do not know what to eat and also I am afraid to start eat something new but I am hungry from eating just crispbreads.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:57 pm

You can try eating baked chicken, fish, rice, baked potato, applesauce. Most people tolerate that well.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”