Spore Question

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Spore Question

Postby GtrGrl » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:36 am

I feel a bit silly asking this but I’m worried about it: do you think it’s possible that spores could be lingering on the laptop I was using when I had severe D with C Diff last November (2020)? I didn’t know what I had at that point, so although I was washing my hands after using the toilet, I probably wasn’t being as meticulous as I am now. I’m scared to touch the thing and feel I have to scrub my hands if I step away from the desk to do anything else. Am I being OTT?! Obviously I can’t clean it with bleach…and info seems to vary on how long the spores stay around.

Thanks.
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: Spore Question

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:05 pm

I used a bleach wipe on mine!!! But we all know I have bad anxiety. I have to remind myself that C diff is everywhere now!!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:28 pm

99% not a problem but they are a renowned grubby item!
Especially if its shared
Simply use wipes, buy a keyboard cover off ebay or even cover with clingfilm.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:09 am

Good idea, Roy, thanks.

Lissaucd, me too. It’s exhausting!

Rebecca1
Brand New Poster

Postby Rebecca1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:48 pm

I use germicidal bleach (1:10) with water ratio in water bottle and have sprayed down all my electronics (remotes, mice) in addition to using all over the bathroom, light switches, door handles. Bleach is your BFF with cDiff- if purchasing any products make sure they specifically say they kill cdiff

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”