Going to Traveling just woke up with D

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Going to Traveling just woke up with D

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:36 am

Never fails, I’m taking a family trip tomorrow and woke up with D. I’m trying to go back to normal. You all know how bad I have anxiety. Then this happens. Not going to deny I have been very nervous about going. I also tried soup for the first time last nights that I made. Maybe the broth? I want to ask how long people have had flare ups of post IBS? I’m 13 weeks from being on dificid. Thanks for listening, it’s very comforting to have all of your help! Especially bc my family and friends don’t fully understand.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Going to Traveling just woke up with D

Postby NanciT » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:31 pm

The post IBS can last a long time. Just stress alone can cause D, you may find your GI system is more sensitive Post CDIFF, I know mine is. Give yourself some time, also I generally go back to a bland diet if things flare up and it has helped.

Hang in there, it takes time for some of us...

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:09 pm

Thanks nanci,

I’m just eating bland and trying to figure out if I should cancel our trip. My little girl has been so excited about visiting Disneyland. I just don’t know what to do. We have a long car drive so that is on my mind too.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:03 pm

Trip is cancelled, maybe we Will try again later. I want to go and enjoy my family and trip. Worrying about c diff and what I can eat will not make it enjoyable. (I have only eaten out twice since c diff) Maybe a little more time and then I will take my daughter to Disneyland. Thanks everyone!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:54 am

Sorry you had to cancel the trip. Hopefully you can go soon.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:06 pm

Thank you Beth! Yesterday was better and today has looser stool but also tried pot roast. May have been that. I hate not having consistency!!!

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:35 pm

It's been a year and a half since I finished my treatment, and I still have pi-ibs. I get flare-ups with certain foods and stress, it's very common. I hope you feel better soon.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:22 pm

I have had PI IBS for a very long time. I would not worry about 13 weeks but you should ask your dr about medication you can use to help you. There are several and depending upon how bad and/or how frequent it is, the dr may prescribe something or suggest an OTC remedy.
And of course as Nanci T. Suggested, eat bland when you are having an attack and eat smaller more frequent portions rather than large meals.
Rita

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:02 pm

Thanks everyone! Every time I get an upset stomach I instantly worry that it’s back. I still get nervous even after I eat, which is caused me to lose a lot of weight and my stomach starts to hurt. It’s so overwhelming having bad anxiety. Is it true that 90 days in your considered cured? I’m at 98 days.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”