Woman from Slovakia needs your help

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Broni
Brand New Poster

Woman from Slovakia needs your help

Postby Broni » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:57 am

Hello,
I have C diff and I am taking Vanco. It will be third day now. 7 days ahead. I am scared that this illness will come back and I will be tired and without energy like I was. I have twins they are 4 months old and it is so hard for me just laying on the sofa because I can not take care of them :( as it was in the beginning. Now I am feeling good. Not like myself but it is better. Is there someone who did not get C Diff second time after first treatment? What should I do to avoid this to happen? I want to start Fodmap diet and taking probiotics as I am taking now. Please let me know what is the best to eat after diet I have. Wen I had the worst diarrhoea I have to eat something like cirspbreads and drink water for the first two days then I could add potatoes carrots and then chicken breast. Now I can eat also bananas and apples without skin.

P.S.: I am sorry for my english :) but people from Slovakia did not have so much informations like I read here and no one helped me on the slovak forum.

I am 28 years old and I got C diif after taking meds called Dalacin.

Thank you.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Woman from Slovakia needs your help

Postby NanciT » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

It's good to read the Vanco is working, some will have the Vanco, finish it and recover. It has worked for many on this site. Everyone has a different experience with eating, I had to start slow and have a bland diet just as you mentioned. In time I added new foods and would see how I feel.

It is not easy and I only imagine with twins it is very difficult, I do hope there is someone to help you. Getting rest, drinking lots of fluids is important. It's good to have a drink with electrolytes in it. A probiotic is also an excellent idea.

You are doing all of the right things, now it is time to treat and then recover.

Take good care of yourself, finish all the medication even if you are feeling well and slowly add foods to your diet

I hope you feel better soon

NanciT

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:44 pm

Just want to add that 4 out of 5 are cured with the first course if vanco.
That figure includes the average in all the elderly and high risk sufferers as well as younger people.
For most people of your age C.Diff is just a short term inconvenient tummy bug.

Broni
Brand New Poster

Postby Broni » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:40 am

I am sorry I will be more careful next time.

Thank you for your words NanciT and Roy, I did not know that 4 out of 5 are cured with the first course :-o. I read stories here when people relapsed sometimes 3 - 4 - 5 times and it is scary. These people are so strong and I am trying to be as well.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”