Recovery?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
zach
New User

Recovery?

Postby zach » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:56 am

So I tested positive and was treated in 06/2021 for c diff(Vanco 125 mg) after a dentist prescribed me clindamycin post vanco I dealt with extreme anal itching until august, in september I relapsed after treatment (Vanco 250mg 4x a day) I'm now going 5x a day starting at as early as 6 AM still solid but so many more times then pre c diff and I'm not expecting to be back to normal but is this relapse number 2 or does this sound more like PI-IBS? I've been nervous to post sorry if I didn't follow protocol

Jodiekee
Regular User

Re: Recovery?

Postby Jodiekee » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:44 pm

I’m pretty sure solid stool is not c diff. They won’t even test solid stool. The lady at Quest diagnostics checked mine to make sure it wasn’t solid.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:00 pm

Zach, welcome to the site. Please read the first section on Rules for Posting for new members.
You are not doing anything wrong and have followed these guidelines.
What you have described does not sound like a relapse but more than likely PI IBS. C diff is almost always d as you have experienced in your other bouts. As Jodie told you, labs won’t even test formed stool.

Watch your diet and avoid trigger foods.
If it gets severe there are medications the dr can give you to help with spasms, but many times it eases up by itself over time and with temporary diet modifications.

Good luck,
Rita

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:03 am

They call it bowel habits.
That's exactly what it is!
During an extended period of D the bowel gets used to emptying several times a day and adopts a new "habit".
With average luck it returns to normal fairly quickly.
Anything other than copious watery D is normal recovery.

zach
New User

Postby zach » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:56 am

Thank you everyone for your advice, I feel so sick some days it gets super depressing. I have so much gas and nausea too it feels like it never ends

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:46 am

Anything like high frequency , abnormal stool , cramps , bloating etc is considered "normal " Cdiff recovery.

Ishmael
Brand New Poster

Postby Ishmael » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:27 am

I appreciate this discussion very much since I am in exactly the same boat. 14 days after my second course of vanco (pulse-taper) I am discouraged this morning by a step down on the Bristol Stool Chart. I am starting to understand that recovery is a roller coaster, not a straight line. I will wait to retest until I have D. I am already equipped with a Dificid Rx, just in case.

zach
New User

Postby zach » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:43 pm

Ishmael wrote:
> I appreciate this discussion very much since I am in exactly the same boat.
> 14 days after my second course of vanco (pulse-taper) I am discouraged
> this morning by a step down on the Bristol Stool Chart. I am starting to
> understand that recovery is a roller coaster, not a straight line. I will
> wait to retest until I have D. I am already equipped with a Dificid Rx,
> just in case.
My doctor actually decided to put me on dificid just because of how frequent and urgent my bm’s are

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”