Was doing good…

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Was doing good…

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Hello!

I’m 11 weeks post dificid. I was doing pretty good, having 1-3 bowel movements a day that were pretty formed. This morning woke up with a stomach ache and pudding poo not watery per se but very loose. You bet this freaked me out- I went 5 times this morning. The first one was formed. I took some pepto but still not hungry. I’m nervous bc I’m still super skinny unable to gain weight. I’m working with a nutritionist. I did try some potato salad last night but very very small amount, and had grilled chicken.

Thanks everyone!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Was doing good…

Postby beth22 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:57 am

Don't panic just yet. I had those days too after c diff and I also took Pepto Bismol. If it is IBS or a food intolerance, it will subside in a couple of days. If it is c diff, it will let you know. Try to eat bland for a day or two and then talk to your nutritionist to see what he/she says.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:55 am

Thank you Beth! I did have a little formed bowel movement in the evening. I wish it wasn’t like this way - a constant worry every time I use the restroom. This morning it was formed then a little loose. I think the pepto helped a lot. I just need some reassurance from those that have been through this! I’m driving my family crazy always talking about my poo. After a while Beth, do you just forget about it and move on with your life? I wish for that….

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:02 pm

Just went again and it’s like pudding. I feel like this is ruining my life. I constantly worry about it coming back especially bc I didn’t take antibiotics before hand. I lost over 25 pounds and I’m 5‘3“ and 95 pounds. I look very skinny and unhealthy. I’m eating more but it doesn’t seem to be helping. I’m scared to be with my husband intimately because I’m afraid that I’m still contagious and releasing spores. I still bleach everything and it’s very time consuming and exhausting. I literally wear gloves in the shower and when having a bowel movement. I’m so embarrassed I’m saying this.. I would be able to deal with this if it wasn’t contagious. However the contagious part just sets me over the edge. I wanted to do anxiety medicine but I have bladder issues from the birth of my daughter and there are possible complications from anxiety medicine related to the bladder. I have intense therapy sessions but I feel like it’s not working. I feel like my husband wants a divorce bc I’m not intimate. And then finally after having some normal stools for the past two weeks this happens. I just need a break . Sorry, I just needed to get this out.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi Lissaucd,

I can relate to the anxiety of the recovery process. I'm 1.5 years out from treatment now, but it was an extremely bumpy road. In the first 6 months I had D for no rhyme or reason. I could have 1 or 2 perfect BMs one day, then the next day get D 10 times. There was no predicting it.

Most likely you're having a PI-IBS flareup due to introducing a new food, the potato salad. If you continue to have these symptoms, then check in with your doctor. After 11 weeks the chance of a relapse is very very low. I hope you feel better soon.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:09 pm

Thanks poppy. I appreciate you sharing with me. It helps to know that you would get D for no reason- bc this is what happened to me! I’m trying to be normal but it’s just so hard. I’m very unfamiliar with IBS so this is very new to me.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:58 am

Some people take cholestryramine. It comes in a powder or a pill and is a prescription. It binds up toxins and carries them out and also firms up the stools. It is actually a cholesterol lowering medication, but posters have used it after c diff treatment and some GIs recommend it still. It is not expensive either. I would ask your doctor if that might be something you could try.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:54 am

I just want to say I totally understand the anxiety too. It WILL lessen over time. I would never have believed that when I was at the height of it. (And I still worry when things are ‘off’, and think, ‘what if it’s back?’.) It’s hard to regain weight, that’s part of the long game with this illness - I gained 1lb this week after losing 26lbs and was delighted! Also, if you’re not eating much your stool won’t
have any bulk.

Hang on in there. Things will get less intense the more time that passes.
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”