Cortisone injection for cyst

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Cortisone injection for cyst

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:27 pm

Having the worst luck here! I have cyst on my head and they want to inject a small amount of cortisone to calm it down. Is this safe?

I’m hesitant bc I was using a steroid cream for Hemmroids and then got c diff. Not sure if it caused c diff but it’s always in back of my mind.

I have used triple antibiotics in the past to treat cyst and have done it 3 times recently but chickened out and stopped out of fear!

Any thoughts? Thank you!!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Cortisone injection for cyst

Postby beth22 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:01 pm

I have had that done before and it did not cause relapse. Other posters have had more than a little cortisone injected for knee, neck, shoulder, etc. problems and I have not heard of it causing relapse either. The amount that is injected in a cyst is far less than you would get at an orthopedist's office. I also had a cortisone injection after surgery to control inflammation I think. Did not cause any issues either.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:07 pm

Thank you again Beth!!!! I appreciate all of your help!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:05 am

Local steroids have no effect on your gut or c diff.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”