Newly diagnosed/finished med no change

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
TK17
New User

Re: Newly diagnosed/finished med no change

Postby TK17 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:07 am

Thank you for the quick responses!

I woke up 2 hours ago and have already had to rush to the bathroom 2 x besides already going first thing (this one wasn't watery). So 3 times in 2 hours :(
I thought it had gotten better because I went an entire day without having any issue.

Roy & Georgina-

Thanks for the info on Flagyl. I didn't know it messed with the good flora too. DEFINITELY want to stay away from that! And Georgina, thanks for the info on taking too much probiotic! I took a double dose yesterday thinking I needed to pump my body full to help with speedier recovery! Perhaps that is my issue from yesterday and today, although, if I remember correctly, the urgency was before I took my probiotic and I haven't taken one yet today.
I appreciate my dr.'s concern for my wallet, that's why he recommended vanco instead of dificid taper, but I told him I didn't care as I had reached my deductible/out of pocket.

Roy,
I have had watery d 2x already today. Perhaps from the double dose probiotics yesterday?? I appreciate the recommendation of waiting 10 days to test before starting another round of antibiotics. I had been thinking of calling him to test now because I just want to get this over with! But if it takes 10 days after meds for everything to clear out, then I'll wait. I think I'll also have him go ahead and do a GI test if I need to be retested just to see if there's anything else going on while he's at it.
40 days of d, vanco and dificid and still going......UUUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”