When does the pudding poo stop!?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

When does the pudding poo stop!?

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:15 am

Hi all!

I’m 4 weeks out from dificid - in the mornings I still have a portion of my stool that is semi formed and then goes into pudding poo. When does this stop?! I still take a little teaspoon of pepto in morning.

I have been introducing more foods but mainly eating a lot of carbs- breads, rice, chicken, potatoes, bananas. I do have green beans. End of last week they were much better but I wasn’t eating as much. Now I’m eating more- I have mentioned in previous posts that I was scared to eat. But I realized that I won’t get better if I don’t help myself and eat. You all have helped me a lot. I’m only 100 pounds and was 120. I apologize if I put too my questions up, I just feel like I get the support I need from all of you. I’m so ever grateful.

Also, my GI doc mentioned Benefiber to bulk things up. Anyone else use this?

Also, my anxiety medicine will be started on Saturday. Hope it helps!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: When does the pudding poo stop!?

Postby beth22 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:27 am

Some people do well with Benefiber. I did not do well with fiber products, but I never tried Benefiber. Just try a small amount and see how you do with it.

Everyone is different as far as stool consistency goes. It does take a while. Pepto helped me. I took it with meals.

tomb523
New User

Postby tomb523 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:13 pm

I'm getting some decent results with high prebiotics in my diet which also include resistant starches. All flour needs include a mix of Green Plantain, Cassava, Flaxseed and cocoa (try waffles with cocoa powder!). I add inulin power to anything that needs a little sweetness added. Sprouted beans have become a big thing for me as well. I made a pot of sprouted black bean soup several days ago and have used them along, in breakfast burritos with roasted sunchokes and mixed with crumbled tempeh to make veggie burgers. I made black eyed peas with swiss chard and stir fried bok choy. I'm roasting chicory and adding it to coffee grounds in the morning. Along with all this fiber, I'm taking probiotic supplements and eating fermented foods like kimchee, kraut, kefir, yogurt and fermented beet root. The tempeh I mixed with black beans is also fermented.

While fiber is usually associated with fixing constipation, feeding that good bacteria seems to really help with the pudding poo as well. At least it's working for me so far.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:16 pm

Wow thank you so much for sharing! You sound like a chef!! I’m always nervous to try new foods because I don’t know how my stomach is going to react! Once my stomach starts to settle down I want to be more willing to try new foods! I did try beans yesterday and did not have a problem!!!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:28 pm

For me the best thing that kept things "shaped" was white meat cooked in every form possible : grilled , baked etc. When i was at my worst the only thing that wasn't giving me more symptoms was my grilled chicken breast. I had days when the rice went straight trough me , undigested , so yes i did starches didn't do much to firm things up , did better with protein. I guess everyone is different , something that works for one won't necessarily work for the other.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:41 pm

Yes! My nutritionist told me to have protein with every meal! Most of the time that just consist of grilled chicken that my husband makes for me! I need to include more veggies but im nervous about doing that!

tomb523
New User

Postby tomb523 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:19 pm

Try sprouting your beans first. Less gas and more nutrition. Soak in water for at least 24 hours, longer up to 48 better. Put in mason jar and cover with a porous cap. You can buy just spouting caps from amazon.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:44 pm

Thank you very much for the advice about the beans! I was just using canned!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”