Multivitamin, protein shakes Ans anxiety meds.

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Multivitamin, protein shakes Ans anxiety meds.

Postby Lissaucd » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:33 am

First, I have to thank everyone for all the help. I’m doing better, eating more and feeling less afraid. I have all of you to thank!! I’m taking probiotics and cut some down which helped a lot. But do you think I should be taking a multivitamin? I know I’m low in iron- I have been all my life do to heavy cycles.

Also, I haven’t started my anxiety meds yet, to be honest I’m nervous bc it said it can cause GI issues. I’m finally feeling a little better about my BMs- I don’t want to mess with it! They put me on lexapro.

I did get some protein shakes - Kate farms bc I lost so much weight. I was 120 now I’m 100. Again hesitant to take bc I don’t want to mess up my stomach!

Thanks for listening Ans always there to help me.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Multivitamin, protein shakes Ans anxiety meds.

Postby Ril » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:20 pm

I personally wouldn’t worry about the lexapro but that’s me. Remember that any possible side effect must be listed. If you have concerns talk to your dr.but I think it would be helpful for you.

A multivitamin can’t hurt.

Be careful with protein shakes. Check the fiber content. If it is high fiber it could be irritating to your gut. Many people in recovery have trouble with fiber for while after a bout of c diff.

jG43
Contributor

Postby jG43 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:00 pm

I take a drug similar to lexipro with no issues. If you are able to manage your anxiety without meds that is great. You will put weight back on. It just takes time. I lost around 20 pounds. Probably needed to lose 10 of those. Took me 6 months to get my weight back to where it needed to be after cure.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:22 pm

Multivitamins upset my stomach, but try it and see. Some can tolerate them and others don't do so well. A lot of posters have taken the gummy vitamins that seem to be gentler.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”