Anti anxiety meds- NOT doing well.

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Anti anxiety meds- NOT doing well.

Postby Lissaucd » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:16 pm

Looks like I need anti anxiety meds- I’m not doing well. I’m obsessed with c diff, it coming back, spores, not knowing how I got it- the list goes on. Scared to eat and scared to poop.

I want to make sure the meds doesn’t cause c diff? Anyone successfully taking anti anxiety meds with no problem?

Thanks for everyone’s help. I know I have asked a lot of questions. I can’t express my gratitude.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Anti anxiety meds- NOT doing well.

Postby Ril » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:41 pm

Anti anxiety meds have nothing to do with c diff. Many have used them when they were overwhelmed and other strategies have not worked. Being so uncomfortable does not help your health. If your dr agrees feel free to take the meds, be confident and move on with your recovery.

Best of luck,
Rita

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:10 pm

There are a couple of those meds that help IBS as well. Amytryptiline is one that is recommended for people that have IBS and a few posters have shared their experiences. It is an anti-depressant. I would talk to your doctor and ask for one that won't cause D, and one that might actually help both your anxiety and your GI tract.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:39 pm

Wow thank you fo much for the information! I will check that out! This is just a hard time for me.

jG43
Contributor

Postby jG43 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:02 pm

I have ocd with anxiety. Cdiff was very difficult for me because of the uncertainty of cure. OCD is a anxiety disease that is centered around uncertainty. The hell of cdiff for me was the constant fear of relapse. I got better after a fmt but I was constantly obsessed with my bowel habits afterwards. Although it is easy to give the advice to not worry I know how it feels with one is consumed with anxiety. Meds for me were a bridge back to normal. I had to use a new short term med to get the anxiety under control. There are many anxiety medication options available that will not cause relapse. Find a doctor that can help you. You may need a short term medication to get the anxiety down and a long term solution for keeping it under control. I have a psychiatrist that was very responsive to my issue. Sustained anxiety can cause havoc on your health and your digestive system. Your gut really is your “second brain.” My cdiff battle caused me to have feelings similar to PTSD everytime my stomach was off. Until you get your anxiety under control your body will have trouble healing. I am not a doctor so please find a doctor you trust who can help you. You don’t have to suffer when help is available. I take meds for anxiety everyday under the guidance of doctors I trust including my GI. They do not cause relapse.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:54 am

Thank you so much for the post- I needed to hear that I’m not alone and that you have been through the same thing. It’s exactly how I feel. Im on a mission to find the right anxiety medicine fir me. My GI doc gave me some suggestions now waiting on my regular doc.

Thanks again, I really appreciate everyone so much.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:58 am

I forgot to ask- Do you mind me asking what medication worked good for you you?

jG43
Contributor

Postby jG43 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:56 am

I took Klonopin same family of drugs as Valium which is a benzodiazepine. They are intended for short term use to get anxiety under control. They are not usually used long term. Very commonly prescribed but best to make the decision with your doctors.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:27 pm

Depending upon your exact symptoms, other issues and the degree of severity of symptoms your dr will determine which medication is the right one for you. There are several now in several different classes so you can’t judge by what anyone else has used. Be open with your dr and the two of you will come up with a plan that will get you through. As you have seen here, many have used meds with no ill effects so you are smart to get the help.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”