Anxiety meds and c diff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Anxiety meds and c diff

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:12 pm

After being diagnosed with c diff and it coming back, I need help with my anxiety. I’m constantly bleaching, obsessively worrying about giving it to my husband or daughter. I had problems with anxiety before especially with germs. Im not able to normally function because of my racing thoughts. Is anyone on anxiety medicines that don’t effect c diff? Im on DIF and almost done but would like to start some anxiety medicine. Please help!

Rebecca1
Brand New Poster

Re: Anxiety meds and c diff

Postby Rebecca1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:43 pm

I have had periodic anxiety during the pandemic (job change/crazy hours; i work in heathcare). Currently on 2nd round ABT (vanc) and praying it works. Honestly, I had a massive anxiety attack last week with running thoughts,jitteriness, stuttering. While physically I could have returned to work I was so debilitated by anxiety I was unable to function. I am working on using meditation (great phone apps!) and using deep breathing to work on calming myself down. I do take prozac at baseline; my doctor (PCP) gave my atarax (similar to benodryl) for prn use right now. I can relate 100% to your comments- hang in there!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”