Shower after bowel movement

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Shower after bowel movement

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:00 am

I’m worried sick about spores. This is my second round of treatment and vanco didn’t work for me. After you use the restroom do you shower to get rid of spores that may on your? I suffer from general anxiety disorder related to health so this has been so hard for me. After I shower I bleach everything. If people can share what they have been doing that would be great. I’m scared to give it to my family.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: Shower after bowel movement

Postby GtrGrl » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:14 am

I did the same thing with having a shower (though not the bleach). I asked a consultant and he said it wasn’t necessary, and that good hand hygiene is most important. It didn’t stop me though, the anxiety won!
Last edited by GtrGrl on Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Shower after bowel movement

Postby beth22 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:57 am

No, I never did that after a shower. I would think that the shower would wash everything down the drain! Good hand hygiene is the most important and if you want to bleach, then bleach the toilet.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”